• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scott is Showing Growth as a First Head Time Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I guessed I missed Puc saying that he wanted him fired if we had the money? , I think a more accurate argument is many including myself have been overly and possibly unfairly critical of him or that we have lodged personal insults at him by calling him Howdy Doody or Gomer Pyle.  It is way too early to know if he is the guy or not however we are seeing glimpses of hope.  I won’t disagree with your forecast and bowling next year would satisfy me, wanted that this year but the non conference schedule was not conducive to this happening unfortunately. 

Hey, I have nothing to do with Brad calling you out on that 🤷‍♂️. I am sorry that happened. A lot has been said on this board before (I know I’ve done my bit in that area 😀). I do hate our non conference schedule. I get we want to to be challenged but why not schedule a few P5 schools like Vandy, Wake Forrest, KU, etc. not saying that we would necessarily beat these guys this year, but it would be nice to have a better feeling before the game starts.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,699
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I only see maybe the idiot that started the thread but as Trips has already displayed earlier today that he calls for everyone’s head and is frequently wrong.

That doesn't mean he's not serious and just being provocative ......... reading his body of work, I think he's been dead serious but do agree that he's the only blatant one. There are a few others whining like impatient little babies about him where it's certainly not hard to figure out that they've already decided he's not the one that we need, which I think is the crux of what NEB is talking about.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,914
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That doesn't mean he's not serious and just being provocative ......... reading his body of work, I think he's been dead serious but do agree that he's the only blatant one. There are a few others whining like impatient little babies about him where it's certainly not hard to figure out that they've already decided he's not the one that we need, which I think is the crux of what NEB is talking about.

I am not sure they have made up their mind on him but are frustrated when everyone seems to be singing his praises as we have done nothing to address our front seven on D and we haven’t beaten anybody for the past 2 seasons.  It seems like he gets a bigger pass then many would without showing  tangible results.  An 0-12 FBS start should be trying on all of our patience.  I feel optimistic the worst is behind us though, Timmy looks the part, have playmakers at WR and RB, O line improving, IPF being built, OCS on the way (hopefully), we are starting to show the Athletic department the attention it deserves, better days ahead it appears I hope.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I guessed I missed Puc saying that he wanted him fired if we had the money? , I think a more accurate argument is many including myself have been overly and possibly unfairly critical of him or that we have lodged personal insults at him by calling him Howdy Doody or Gomer Pyle.  It is way too early to know if he is the guy or not however we are seeing glimpses of hope.  I won’t disagree with your forecast and bowling next year would satisfy me, wanted that this year but the non conference schedule was not conducive to this happening unfortunately. 

That doesn’t sound like something I would say when I’m usually such a reasonable poster, I guess they missed the 99 percent of the time where I said I like continuity and would prefer CJS do better. It’s okay to have some level of standards and expectations.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hey, I have nothing to do with Brad calling you out on that 🤷‍♂️. I am sorry that happened. A lot has been said on this board before (I know I’ve done my bit in that area 😀). I do hate our non conference schedule. I get we want to to be challenged but why not schedule a few P5 schools like Vandy, Wake Forrest, KU, etc. not saying that we would necessarily beat these guys this year, but it would be nice to have a better feeling before the game starts.

And with football this year that worked out well  :roflmao:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Somewhere on a Clemson thread, somebody is calling for Dabo Swinney's head on a platter.  It comes with the territory.  Why sweat it?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

And with football this year that worked out well  :roflmao:

We would probably lose but not too much against “some” of the lower tier P5. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We would probably lose but not too much against “some” of the lower tier P5. 

I think we could beat Vandy

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I may be wrong, but wasn’t this schedule put together when we were transitioning from the QF era? I recall Kelly going on a run of contracting games when we were still “winning” under Strong…

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Why is THIS a thing? We have a coach who's best effort to date is beating mediocre teams in the division below us. This is a real fact. Whether you think CJS is the guy (awesome, he might very well be, we looked tough last night in then back half of the game, he's instituting a winning culture, we showed fight, Timmy looks legit) or you think CJS sucks (awesome, we haven't beat anybody in two years and we recruit like ****).  

I guess my bigger question is, why is either a "Fire Jeff Scott" thread or a "Jeff Scott is the Best!" thread a surprise? We're going to get tons of both until a) CJS is fired or b) CJS wins a football game. 

30% of my posts have been about pooping. That is thousands of posts. Have we really crossed the line with saying Jeff Scott is doing a bad job right now?