• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU opens as a 23.5 point favorite

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Your point is valid. If we sit back we are are likely to get picked apart. We just can't afford the big play TDs. The 75 yard pass by Richardson of UF was a backbreaker and the team could never recover after a decent start. I think the longer you can stay in the game, the better. If the offense is moving the ball well, I think you play soft. If the offense is racking up 3 and outs, you will have to lean on the defense to make a play. 

The reality is that our margin for error is so incredibly razor-thin, even when we are facing teams in the middle and bottom tier of FBS. CJS and his staff have a challenge ahead of them. I know that there are some on here that will inevitably measure their success either strictly in Ws and Ls or in margin of defeat, but there is just so much more to it than that. I have seen a (for the most part) at least competent coaching staff. They seem to care and the players are feeding off of that. I want us to compete against BYU. We can lose, and lose by 3+ scores, so long as their is fight, effort, compete, and no apathy. 

You mean like 2 pick 6s in 4 minutes?  Oh wait, right stadium - wrong day.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

This one is tough...I think we cover, but our run d still isn't there where they could end up running the score up...especially if we sputter a bit on offense 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

41 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Yes.  And no "high altitude" or "humidity" excuses next week, please.

Absolutely 

• Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,615
  • Days Won:  29

1235348243.jpg

One of BYU’s top players is out for the year.

• Topic Count:  4,745
  • Content Count:  37,615
  • Days Won:  29

DEBUTING the @BYUfootball NAVY turnover belt with this weeks uni combo—Cougar Nation wear NAVY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,438
  • Days Won:  25

Byu wins, we may cover the spread. I would love an upset, but we would have to drastically improve the oline and dline play. We need to stop the run and force them to pass. I don't see our dline and LB able to shut down their running attack. If we can get some key turnovers and not turn the ball over we may have a chance. I still think byu by 20

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,043
  • Days Won:  38

18 hours ago, E.T. said:

DEBUTING the @BYUfootball NAVY turnover belt with this weeks uni combo—Cougar Nation wear NAVY

That's dumb but the uniform looks cool!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

57 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That's dumb but the uniform looks cool!

Completely agree 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Yes.  And no "high altitude" or "humidity" excuses next week, please.

"High Altitude" is a factor.  We (BYU) have been fortunate enough to have an extra element to home advantage.  Going from sea level to 4,649 feet does make a difference.  When I've gone hiking with out-of-state friends, they're always surprised at how much harder it is to breath.

As a side note, I run a lot.  My lungs and breathing always wear out before my legs.  It is always a little surprising to be on a trip (Oregon coast) or somewhere else and think, "Wow, my legs are tired".  But my breathing is ok.

------------------------

I've loved reading the comments across your board.  You guys seem like a wonderful community.  A board of fans that I'd enjoy being part of.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, BYU Visitor said:

"High Altitude" is a factor.  We (BYU) have been fortunate enough to have an extra element to home advantage.  Going from sea level to 4,649 feet does make a difference.  When I've gone hiking with out-of-state friends, they're always surprised at how much harder it is to breath.

As a side note, I run a lot.  My lungs and breathing always wear out before my legs.  It is always a little surprising to be on a trip (Oregon coast) or somewhere else and think, "Wow, my legs are tired".  But my breathing is ok.

------------------------

I've loved reading the comments across your board.  You guys seem like a wonderful community.  A board of fans that I'd enjoy being part of.

You should stick around after the game. We need positive support around here.