• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BYU opens as a 23.5 point favorite

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good points…but there has to be times when we blitz in this game which puts the DBs 1 on 1. If we don’t take chances we have zero chance. Perhaps the defense alignment we had against the Gators is the way to go. I want to see BYU beat us with the pass. I think that’s our best chance. 

Your point is valid. If we sit back we are are likely to get picked apart. We just can't afford the big play TDs. The 75 yard pass by Richardson of UF was a backbreaker and the team could never recover after a decent start. I think the longer you can stay in the game, the better. If the offense is moving the ball well, I think you play soft. If the offense is racking up 3 and outs, you will have to lean on the defense to make a play. 

The reality is that our margin for error is so incredibly razor-thin, even when we are facing teams in the middle and bottom tier of FBS. CJS and his staff have a challenge ahead of them. I know that there are some on here that will inevitably measure their success either strictly in Ws and Ls or in margin of defeat, but there is just so much more to it than that. I have seen a (for the most part) at least competent coaching staff. They seem to care and the players are feeding off of that. I want us to compete against BYU. We can lose, and lose by 3+ scores, so long as their is fight, effort, compete, and no apathy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BYU Fan said:

BYU has not played any FCS teams or UNLV. They have played Arizona, Utah, and Arizona State. 

Welcome to the board

I was trying to say that the three teams you have beaten...are 3-6 with the three wins the other teams have not that overly impressive...but it is early in the season.  

Your team looks very good in what I have seen these past few games.  

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Welcome to the board

I was trying to say that the three teams you have beaten...are 3-6 with the three wins the other teams have not that overly impressive...but it is early in the season.  

Your team looks very good in what I have seen these past few games.  

You can't count their losses to BYU in there. They are 3-3, which isn't impressive, but Arizona accounts for 2 of those loses, so ASU and Utah are 3-1, and losing to SDSU in OT on the road does not make them a bad team. No one is going to say that BYU hasn't looked really strong so far. The offense is doing enough and the defense is solid. 

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

You can't count their losses to BYU in there. They are 3-3, which isn't impressive, but Arizona accounts for 2 of those loses, so ASU and Utah are 3-1, and losing to SDSU in OT on the road does not make them a bad team. No one is going to say that BYU hasn't looked really strong so far. The offense is doing enough and the defense is solid. 

They have a very good defense.  Going to be a challenge for sure for offense...hope we get some of our receivers back for this one.

If we see some improvement I'll be happy.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

They have a very good defense.  Going to be a challenge for sure for offense...hope we get some of our receivers back for this one.

Whoever goes out there at WR needs to catch the ball. We cannot afford the drops (6+) that we had against FAMU against any other opponent this season. Whether it was the lefty spin, the glare off the facemasks or nerves, they better get that out of their system. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Whoever goes out there at WR needs to catch the ball. We cannot afford the drops (6+) that we had against FAMU against any other opponent this season. Whether it was the lefty spin, the glare off the facemasks or nerves, they better get that out of their system. 

Bobby Bentley and Jeff Scott are supposed to be WR coach gurus, hopefully they can use those as a teachable moment to get it out of this teams system. Some we're excusable (Weaver in the endzone on the deep ball draped by the defender), but a few just seemed like lack of concentration

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,076
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Yes.  And no "high altitude" or "humidity" excuses next week, please.

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

That's been very disappointing, I expected receivers wouldn't be dropping so many passes.  I feel in 3 games we likely have 10 to 15 drops easy. 

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

Bobby Bentley and Jeff Scott are supposed to be WR coach gurus, hopefully they can use those as a teachable moment to get it out of this teams system. Some we're excusable (Weaver in the endzone on the deep ball draped by the defender), but a few just seemed like lack of concentration

Weaver's was the least egregious. Some of them were inexcusable (Horn and Brinkman). You make the right point though. They generate teachable moments and occurred against an opponent against which we could afford those kind of blunders. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  6

Some of you guys on here make me laugh.  BYU wins this game easily. USF demonstrates Simple Jack incompetence this Saturday night.

3 hours ago, E.T. said:

We can Win this! It will take a complete game on both sides of the ball.

Weaver, Horn or Battie returning a ball for a TD could be the difference.

You have any edibles for me, or are you going to hog them all?