• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just not feeling the excitement…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Maybe you just haven't been a fan long enough.   Going into my my 50th year of watching USF sports my heart was all aflutter coming into the new season.  Then I ended up in the hospital with atrial fibrillation.

So there's that...

Hope you are doing well. Went thru that 7 years ago, thankfully all is well and under control haven’t had any other issues with it.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Excitement level is relative to the circumstances. I am excited to see our new starting QB. I am excited to see what this coaching staff can actually do with their guys and with time to actually prepare. I am excited to see more speed and athleticism. I am excited to see more energy and want-to from the players. I am excited to see improvement in all facets of our program. There is still plenty to be excited about with USF football, but you need to have the right frame of mind right now in order to experience it.  

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

52 minutes ago, bulloni said:

All great to hear! Are you talking most accurate in progrum history?

I've heard in college football the line between good teams and bad teams is pretty **** thin. I really don't think its unrealistic to think we win 6-7 games this year. I saw Shaun King was on some talk show saying USF over 3 wins is the easiest bet in college football this year

I think so. Blackwell would be a close 2nd... Again just my opinion. Also, again, it all depends on the o-line.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Excited about tailgating with friends and the return of football in general, but it's tough to get super excited about the team when your expectations are low and there are so many question marks.  I do believe we will see a more competitive team and progress from last year, but not sure how that translates into W's and L's.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We will either suck, or we won't 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

I'm more excited than I was about halfway through last year.  The one thing I'm not at all excited about is Sept 11 and feeling like I'm sitting in the Swamp.  I am looking forward to Sept 18 simply for a night game where we'll be able to see what this group can execute (against lesser competition).

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

I am hyped.  I am interested in seeing how some of the new players do with a real offseason under their belt.  As for CFB dying, it's really sad actually.  I am going to enjoy watching our league while I can as kind of a farewell tour...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm more excited than I was about halfway through last year.  The one thing I'm not at all excited about is Sept 11 and feeling like I'm sitting in the Swamp.  I am looking forward to Sept 18 simply for a night game where we'll be able to see what this group can execute (against lesser competition).

I am excited about September 11.  will be my first home game since graduating in December 2008.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

I am excited about September 11.  will be my first home game since graduating in December 2008.

I am not that excited about flying down there on September 11, but I will quite love roasting in the sun once I get there.  However, extreme heat + hot dogs may lead to barfing. 

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is my school, no matter what.  I am feeling positive about this season.  I have no idea what that means in terms of wins.  But a functional offense and a functional defense that seems to be heading in the right direction will be a huge improvement, even if that only nets 3 or 4 wins.  If we get to 6 or 7 I will be ecstatic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1