• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just not feeling the excitement…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ok, I know that I am being a Debbie Downer here but our first game will be a week away this week and I am feeling almost zero excitement. Perhaps this is a combination of the past terrible few seasons, the crap we have had to go through with COVID, being left behind again in realignment,  college football changing into something I don’t like, or just getting older and looking at things differently. In the past, I would be busting with excitement at this point. Is anyone else feeling this way? 

If we start with the most likely 1-3 record  I hope my heart will still be in it to watch at all. Maybe as the season continues and we get on a small winning streak I’ll feel differently…or maybe when I attend a few home games this year I feel better about it all,  but this overall feeing really sucks right now. I love my alma mater but I am just not feeling it for college football. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

We really don't know what we have. If we finish .500 and are competitive in all games I will consider it a good year. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I am actually excited...last year was the worst possibly scenario for Scott to walk into...we do have a decent amount of talent to build off of...we may get spanked the first couple of games, but I am actually looking forward to seeing how the team progressed...

• Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ok, I know that I am being a Debbie Downer here but our first game will be a week away this week and I am feeling almost zero excitement. Perhaps this is a combination of the past terrible few seasons, the crap we have had to go through with COVID, being left behind again in realignment,  college football changing into something I don’t like, or just getting older and looking at things differently. In the past, I would be busting with excitement at this point. Is anyone else feeling this way? 

If we start with the most likely 1-3 record  I hope my heart will still be in it to watch at all. Maybe as the season continues and we get on a small winning streak I’ll feel differently…or maybe when I attend a few home games this year I feel better about it all,  but this overall feeing really sucks right now. I love my alma mater but I am just not feeling it for college football. 

Maybe you just haven't been a fan long enough.   Going into my my 50th year of watching USF sports my heart was all aflutter coming into the new season.  Then I ended up in the hospital with atrial fibrillation.

So there's that...

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

The human body adapts. It's probably tired of getting really excited every year around this time just to be crushed into depression.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

USF is a force of habit thing for me at this point.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Yeah.....I'm usually the one with the green and gold colored glasses...but im not sure this year is going to be any better than last. We are being picked by most to 9th, 10th or 11th. Look I know preseason picks dont mean squat but, i dunno, im more excited for womens soccer than i am for football. We have a legit shot at a natty this year with those athletes, im reserving my enthusiasm for that team. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

episode 1 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
do not falter when the lights of the first game are still over the horizon. Stand fast and hang in there. Go Bulls!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I'm with you. Fired up for the NFL and my Fins, not so much about USF football. I will be watching but my expectations are on the floor. 

• Upvote 2