• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Message from Coach Scott via email

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Dear Bulls Fans,

It is an honor to be your head football coach here at the University of South Florida.  My wife, Sara, and I absolutely love Tampa and USF.  We feel there is no better place to live and to raise our young family (Savannah 5, Hunter 1) than right here in Tampa Bay.  It is our hope and desire to put down roots and be a part of this great university and community for many years ahead.

This fall we are excited to celebrate our 25th year of college football at USF.  This is a time for us to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments and hard work of so many of our former players, coaches, administrators and supporters.  

As we reflect on where our program started, I think it is also important that we reflect on where we are currently and most importantly, where we want to go in the future.  We are very fortunate to have to have strong leadership in our athletic department under Michael Kelly as our Vice President of Athletics.  Michael’s unique background working in high leadership positions at both the Atlantic Coast Conference office and at the College Football Playoff give him great knowledge and expertise that are extremely valuable as he leads our athletics department to the next level.

I want to tell you about a special group that I believe can have tremendous impact on the future of our football program.  Each of you are a part of this unique group...the University of South Florida Alumni.  Did you know that USF has over 350,000 alumni?  I’m sure you have heard the saying that “there is strength in numbers.”  This should be a huge advantage for us.  But unfortunately, we have not been “playing to our strengths.”  It would be like playing a game but leaving our best players on the sideline during the game.  It is my hope that each of you that has not been involved will now choose to “get off the sidelines” and “get in the game.”

Over the next five years, the landscape of college football across the country will change dramatically.  The combination of the new College Football Playoff expansion and the new era of “Name, Image and Likeness” is going to create opportunities for us to elevate our brand and status as a college football program.

At my introductory press conference, I made the statement that for us to build a Championship football program we must ALL be “UNITED from Start to Finish.”  I would like to ask each of you to please chose to “UNITE” with us as we prepare to make this decade the “Best decade in the history of USF Football.”

I am respectfully asking for you to consider doing two things TODAY.

Join the “Bulls Booster Club.” You can join for as little as $10/month.  Your gifts and donations help provide the needed resources for our student athletes and allow us make the facility improvements that are necessary to compete at the highest level. Donate by clicking here.

Purchase two season tickets for this upcoming football season. We have an exciting home schedule that opens against the University of Florida on Sept 11th.  We have season tickets available for as low as $150 per season ticket. Purchase season tickets by clicking here.

Did you know that if 5% of our USF alumni would join the Bulls Club our total members in the Bulls Club would increase by over 500%?  (STRENGTH IN NUMBERS)

Did you know that if 5% of our USF alumni would purchase 2 season tickets we would BREAK THE RECORD with the most season tickets ever sold at USF?

Thank you for your support of USF, USF Athletics and our USF football program.  I look forward to meeting each of you in the near future.

I firmly believe that the BEST is yet to come…..

UNITED Start 2 Finish,

http://www.usfalumni.org/s/861/images/editor/eBlasts/2010/bill/7.26.21_jeff_scott_athletics.jpg/7.26.21_3_jeff_scott_athletics.jpg

Jeff Scott
Head Football Coach

University of South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Donor level and fan enthusiasm are undoubtedly our biggest negatives when looking to move up in conference.  I guess this is the latest push to do something about it.  I already give and buy tickets, however I’ll forward the email on.  With conference realignment imminent, it’s all hands on deck.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Loved that last part:

"Did you know that if 5% of our USF alumni would join the Bulls Club our total members in the Bulls Club would increase by over 500%?  (STRENGTH IN NUMBERS)

Did you know that if 5% of our USF alumni would purchase 2 season tickets we would BREAK THE RECORD with the most season tickets ever sold at USF?"

Because it reminded me of the style of post someone would make on a message board talking about how we have the numbers we just need to get them involved. Not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign though that they're including it in the email.

There does seem to be more of an effort to outreach to alumni lately though. Not sure the age of the users here but they've been reaching out to younger alumni about a new BOLD (Bulls Of the Last Decade) program that will have events and outreach to get young alumni more involved in the Bulls community. Already got my season tickets, just deciding now if I would rather join the Bulls Club or dump all the money I would pay to join into the Football Facility fund.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

Crowdsourcing my decision. 

Already a Bulls Club member. And I don't live near Tampa. So... 

Should I just donate to the program? Makes no impact to the season ticket numbers or bulls club member numbers but is pure cash in the bank. 

Or should I buy season tickets and just sit on them. No turnstiles will turn. Wasted tickets. 

Which is better? 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I shall chip in.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Should I just donate to the program? Makes no impact to the season ticket numbers or bulls club member numbers but is pure cash in the bank. 

Or should I buy season tickets and just sit on them. No turnstiles will turn. Wasted tickets. 

Which is better? 

Good question and maybe John can answer definitively. I'd think straight donating would get more money into the program but season ticket numbers are important also (I think there's a way to donate tickets that won't be used) ....

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Everybody can do something that fits into their finances(even fixed), it comes down to that. We haven't lived in the Tampa area for decades. It's easier to get to some away games than get to Tampa. With my age now I thought it would be good to elevate our Bull's Club one level for this year(might be the only year??). We have donated tickets before don't know where they go or who to? The Alumni Assoc is on a push too for membership. I see they have dropped the monthly dues. Will it work?? I've been a Life Member for years, I thought it important to stay connected. With 300k alumni out there the current membership is pretty pitiful. I've run into so many USF grads over the years who just have no interest. Go figure. 

Of course the TBP crew will do what each person can do because, were on here because we obviously care about USF sports and the university....Or, you just enjoy reading Pucism's..... 

Hopefully, CJS push along with other marketing moves will get something going. Possibly, when the IPF breaks ground people will have something to rally around and see their donations in motion. Go Bull's 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Which is better? 

Answer from the Bulls Club:  All of the above.

Answer from some of the disillusioned:  None of the above.

Answer, as in life in general:  Only you can decide what is best for you under your circumstances.

I am a donor and have been for about a quarter of a century having lived in and outside the Tampa Bay area during that time.  I was a football season ticket holder from the very beginning and until I moved to NC a little over a year ago.  Was also and men's basketball and baseball season ticket holder.  I was and Iron Bull, served for years on the Bulls Club Board of Directors, volunteered, worked hard and traveled far and wide to encourage support and even sponsored events to attract new fans and donors.  Went to soooo many games both home and on the road.   Through it all, sometimes we had success on the field of play and in garnering support but mostly it was a struggle.  Always, though, it was worth it.  I felt good supporting my University and being a part of something to which I was so organically connected.  Athletics got me connected to and supporting other USF programs, particularly the Office of Veteran Success.  I shared may great moments inside and outside the lines with family and longtime friends.  I met and supported some great kids in their athletic and academic pursuits.  I developed lifelong friendships with a great group of Bulls fans and alumni.  I had some awesome road trips and experiences.  I even met the love of my life at a USF basketball game.  Now I live a long way from campus and Raymond James.  I no longer have season tickets but will go to several games this year and am still a donor, though at a reduced level.  I have now put some of my financial resources and support behind a local small college and high school.   And I feel fine about that as well.  We all can enjoy the connection, the exhilaration and even the heartbreak (oh, so much heartbreak) that USF athletics can bring and be at peace with however our life allows.  I say, just give it a chance and be open minded as to the meaning of success and what kinds of rewards you may reap.

And Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Which is better? 

If you're not able to utilize season tickets, then increasing your gift to the Bulls Club would be extremely helpful.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,554
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

Which is better? 

I would just donate. Why buy tickets if you, or someone you know, can’t go?