• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Recruiting

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Mad Come On GIF by UEFA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Well , not to beat a dead horse, but I opend the newspaper this morning sports -  in SEC country mind you only to see 4 star DE lists his top two schools  Auburn or UCF. This is the second local Auburn kid with P 5 offers mentioning / considering UCF. They have built a reputation in SEC county. WTF? Guys / gals this is concerning. What are we not doing? I I know it’s winning but how the hell did they get here? Coach Scott better get this shitshow going up now, no more wait till next year crap. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

29 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Well , not to beat a dead horse, but I opend the newspaper this morning sports -  in SEC country mind you only to see 4 star DE lists his top two schools  Auburn or UCF. This is the second local Auburn kid with P 5 offers mentioning / considering UCF. They have built a reputation in SEC county. WTF? Guys / gals this is concerning. What are we not doing? I I know it’s winning but how the hell did they get here? Coach Scott better get this shitshow going up now, no more wait till next year crap. 

Malzahn was let go in December. I'm guessing that there are coaches on his current staff that were already recruiting these guys so I don't think this is that surprising ...... but, bottom line as far as we're concerned, you were correct that it starts with winning and hopefully that starts this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

50 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Yep, that horse is dead.  The former Auburn coach might bring a recruit to his new school?  Shocking I say.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

UCF gets more play because they have been producing for the past 4-5 years. USF? Not.. I'm sure old Gus and his gang will be aggressive recruiters. He will be striving to get back into the P5 again but will need to build a winner..UCF has the winning mentality that seems to permeate the entire university. I know were supposed to despise and ridicule them but...they have been winners and have gained a lot of National spotlight. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

On 7/17/2021 at 8:57 AM, jchem1995 said:

WTF? Guys / gals this is concerning. What are we not doing?

We totally suck and are completely inept for the last several years.  UCF on the other hand has invested in the gameday experience and rolled the dice on the right coaches.  We got Captain Ambien (Strong) as a head coach who vowed to slow down the offense in his opening press conference and succeeded at that.  That's not to say we can't get back there given the right moves, but we have zero momentum.  You want to have some optimism going into each season and things to build off of.  We have nada at the moment except that we are good enough to beat The Citadel.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

We totally suck and are completely inept for the last several years.  UCF on the other hand has invested in the gameday experience and rolled the dice on the right coaches.  We got Captain Ambien (Strong) as a head coach who vowed to slow down the offense in his opening press conference and succeeded at that.  That's not to say we can't get back there given the right moves, but we have zero momentum.  You want to have some optimism going into each season and things to build off of.  We have nada at the moment except that we are good enough to beat The Citadel.

We could have lost to the Citadel. There is that.😀

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/17/2021 at 8:57 AM, jchem1995 said:

Do yourself a favor and stop comparing us and UCF.  They are good, we are awful.  They care about and invest in athletics, we do not.   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Do yourself a favor and stop comparing us and UCF.  They are good, we are awful.  They care about and invest in athletics, we do not.   

So why are we even here?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, jg233 said:

Yep that about sums it up.