• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herrion gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

The stuff below is some serious **** but wasn't true. Joey brought out the same day that he wasn't under investigation but TDS never addressed that update at the time on their site that I could find. The report indicates that CBG was the one who brought the situation to the administration's attention as soon as he heard about it so can't see that being any significant part of an investigation. Having that serious accusation hanging out there without publishing anything more about it, even just that it may not be true, is totally irresponsible, IMO, but also indicative of some of the **** "journalism" out there that they're representative of.

Headline:

Head Coach Brian Gregory Also Under Investigation for Not Disciplining or Reporting the Incidents

Article:

The school is also investigating head coach Brian Gregory for failing to discipline Herrion or report the incidents to USF Athletics.

The independent entity did investigate Gregory and other staff. It found no wrong doing there. I guess this one we can agree to disagree on. I just don't see something libelous out of the TDS article, even with the Coaching Changes tweet quote.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know that my teaching has changed significantly over the years. I used to be more jovial, making jokes, pointing students out in a humorous manner (something they were wearing or said). But that left a long time ago. I conduct my classrooms like an assembly line that is purely professional with little deviation (very Fredrick Taylor like). If the students need a friend then they can get a dog, I am there for only one reason. My office hours are conducted with the door open and notes are taken. I trust no one. I got seven more years in this gig and I am getting out unscathed. 

Herrion probably thought the same thing.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,253
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know that my teaching has changed significantly over the years. I used to be more jovial, making jokes, pointing students out in a humorous manner (something they were wearing or said). But that left a long time ago. I conduct my classrooms like an assembly line that is purely professional with little deviation (very Fredrick Taylor like). If the students need a friend then they can get a dog, I am there for only one reason. My office hours are conducted with the door open and notes are taken. I trust no one. I got seven more years in this gig and I am getting out unscathed. 

I’ll be getting out of teaching by the end of the year. Heading into a new career while I’m still young 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378

On 6/16/2021 at 8:54 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

Greg Summers

Nice job! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378

On 6/16/2021 at 2:24 PM, Friscobull said:

Marvin Taylor 

Nope

On 6/16/2021 at 11:37 AM, Jonesy Bull said:

I should know this as I was a Student at that time I believe.  At FC from 84-86, and USF from 86 - 90.

I want to say Hakim Shaheed??

Nope, Greg Summers. Dave Glaser got it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, bullsfan27 said:

I’ll be getting out of teaching by the end of the year. Heading into a new career while I’m still young 

Understood and I wish you well, however walking on egg shells is a requirement in the corporate world as well.  Watch everything you say, have a witness and for the love of god never shut the door to your office if you have company, NEB understood the changing of the game and provided some great advice. Good luck!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Understood and I wish you well, however walking on egg shells is a requirement in the corporate world as well.  Watch everything you say, have a witness and for the love of god never shut the door to your office if you have company, NEB understood the changing of the game and provided some great advice. Good luck!

Never make a phone call, if you can avoid it. Talk to parents/students through email so you have a paper trail. That's been my last addition to the teaching world after I implemented NEB's don't close the door policy a few years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, bullman3 said:

Nope

Nope, Greg Summers. Dave Glaser got it.

Thanks I didn't know that one.  That name doesn't even ring a bell for me.  What year did he transfer from FC to USF?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Never make a phone call, if you can avoid it. Talk to parents/students through email so you have a paper trail. That's been my last addition to the teaching world after I implemented NEB's don't close the door policy a few years.

The one thing that we have seen over the years is grade inflation and would love to hear from you guys how much of this was influenced from helicopter parents and Teachers saying to hell with it. I can’t imagine teaching nowadays, god bless all you guys 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

The one thing that we have seen over the years is grade inflation and would love to hear from you guys how much of this was influenced from helicopter parents and Teachers saying to hell with it. I can’t imagine teaching nowadays, god bless all you guys 

Great question and you are correct with your assumptions. Grade inflation is certainly present in higher education today. I know when I was a USF student I would not dare go to one of my professors and say “hey, can you increase this exam grade, it seems kind of low.” The balls on these students is sometimes incredible. I am considered one of the tougher graders in the department but I sometimes catch myself handing out a grade of B like candy (my average class GPA is a B-...with a traditional bell shaped curve). I suspect I have been conditioned over the years. I get a lot of community college students and they seem to be the worst with grade complaints (your thoughts on this @JTrue?) and expectations. Luckily, I have not heard from a parent in years but sometimes I hear a parent’s voice when a student complains.