• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herrion gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Can I be your assistant on said tasks?  This seems like very arduous job

If we get the contract you are hired, one of the keys to frivolous expenditures is overhead the other would be of course that our service will never actually uncover anything more than other services we will need to provide. Also we will need to host regular town halls on Thebullspen.com which of course would require exorbitant fees as you need to find a way to pay for anything that could conceivably be free. Everyone knows that the more you pay for something the obviously better that it is. Also we will only hire with guaranteed contracts which we will of course will term regularly as you can’t expect to hire the best people to fire if you expect anything in return for their pay.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

57 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Thanks, nowadays he should know that he can’t say those things, not very bright.  

Those weren't exactly great things to say 10, 20, 50 years ago, either. Calling black players "monkeys" and saying that's some "black ****" was bad then, too. It really just comes to now there is someone who's going to do something  about it.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What a bunch of BS. Nothing he said was offensive. I can’t say whether he was a good coach, however tarnishing someone’s career for speaking the truth sounds like something the BLM supporting athletic department at USF would stand behind. 

Do monkeys not swing from things 24/7? So if someone is swinging from a rim, can you not make a reference to a monkey? But, but, but… you might offend a black person. So f’en stupid. White people can hang from the rim as well. It’s a saying. Nothing more - nothing less. 

“Run from the police” is offensive? Well, don’t get arrested if you don’t want that brought up in your presence. 

“Jailhouse braids…” maybe he should have called them b*tch braids instead. 

This is getting to be out of control. If I were to move back into my old neighborhood and were to run in multiple games on the greens, I would be willing to say the infamous “N” word gets dropped 100 times that evening (by non-white people). 

This double standard in America will continue to further harm our great nation. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Those weren't exactly great things to say 10, 20, 50 years ago, either. Calling black players "monkeys" and saying that's some "black ****" was bad then, too. It really just comes to now there is someone who's going to do something  about it.

Did he call a black player a monkey or reference his act as being like a monkey. There is a difference. Why can’t anyone step back and consider that fact?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

Did he call a black player a monkey or reference his act as being like a monkey. There is a difference. Why can’t anyone step back and consider that fact?

I'm sure he made a solid argument for how he shouldn't be terminated for saying a black player was doing something like a "monkey" and he didn't actually say the player was a "monkey." But, it didn't work out for him.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

perform a feasibility study on building a university in Temple Terrace in 1956.

Florida College was built in 1946 ..

5 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'm sure he made a solid argument for how he shouldn't be terminated for saying a black player was doing something like a "monkey" and he didn't actually say the player was a "monkey." But, it didn't work out for him.

I would agree it didn't work out for him. I find it pretty frustrating society is going down this road and it's only a one-way street. If a black coach said "stop hanging on the rim like a monkey" to a player and the student athlete was white, would his contract be renewed? "Woke" society will continue to ruin careers unapologetically. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Thanks, nowadays he should know that he can’t say those things, not very bright.  

so true

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nice Job TB.  As a graduate of FC, I'm impressed with your knowledge (unless you just googled it 👌).  And yes its the only school that is actually in Temple Terrace.

The school did receive its first Students in 1946 and was named Florida Christian College.  For some reason they changed the name to just Florida College in 1963.

Regarding Herrion - It was the right thing to do. 

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not a real place