• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Herrion gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, Brad said:

ok-boomer-7.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

ok-boomer-7.jpg

His brother in law is a huge supporter and attended Oklahoma ironically, great guy and loved USF prior to Tom coaching here.  I met him at an SMU basketball game when DC hit a a 3 to win it in Dallas.  He brought his daughters down for the game and was a very enjoyable night, good guy, and  I believe Tom was as well, just a little backwards. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

12 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

ok-boomer-7.jpg

He's certainly not an indoctrinated millennial that would have been ably prepped by his radical, ideological masters.  We do know that much.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

I see all three sides to this debacle. Coach utters a statement he has probably said for years but...he now has players who find the remarks as offensive. Now, in this day and age his remarks are taken as a pointed barb not as he likely intended-lighthearted or one of those coaching jabs we all are familiar with. Of course, if you are any race but white things, words, actions that may have been in fun are now off limits. (Even if they really don't have any racist attachment  at all) Just listen to the interviews of stand-up comics they basically have quit doing shows. They say the audience gets offended to easily. These are comics of all races)  Now so so many words, products, statues, buildings, images, etc etc, are now construed to have a basis to be racist. The world is touchy. On edge. Stoked.       Herrion is now a casualty of the times. I'm sure coaches, teachers, employers better weigh their words carefully before they come out of their mouths. USF? I guess they did what all institutions and businesses will do now when facing any accusation of Race or Sex..Release the accused. Otherwise, they will be chastised or worse yet--Cancelled Publicly....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

There are banned words and thoughts (even if they aren’t your own) now. It’s still a new development for some.  More people are looking to condemn and ridicule - remember, silence is complicity now.  

13 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

ok-boomer-7.jpg

Like the sign I relate to the boomer. Sent it to my son...I call, Boomer

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I see all three sides to this debacle. Coach utters a statement he has probably said for years but...he now has players who find the remarks as offensive. Now, in this day and age his remarks are taken as a pointed barb not as he likely intended-lighthearted or one of those coaching jabs we all are familiar with. Of course, if you are any race but white things, words, actions that may have been in fun are now off limits. (Even if they really don't have any racist attachment  at all) Just listen to the interviews of stand-up comics they basically have quit doing shows. They say the audience gets offended to easily. These are comics of all races)  Now so so many words, products, statues, buildings, images, etc etc, are now construed to have a basis to be racist. The world is touchy. On edge. Stoked.       Herrion is now a casualty of the times. I'm sure coaches, teachers, employers better weigh their words carefully before they come out of their mouths. USF? I guess they did what all institutions and businesses will do now when facing any accusation of Race or Sex..Release the accused. Otherwise, they will be chastised or worse yet--Cancelled Publicly....

I know that my teaching has changed significantly over the years. I used to be more jovial, making jokes, pointing students out in a humorous manner (something they were wearing or said). But that left a long time ago. I conduct my classrooms like an assembly line that is purely professional with little deviation (very Fredrick Taylor like). If the students need a friend then they can get a dog, I am there for only one reason. My office hours are conducted with the door open and notes are taken. I trust no one. I got seven more years in this gig and I am getting out unscathed. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

There are banned words and thoughts (even if they aren’t your own) now. It’s still a new development for some.  More people are looking to condemn and ridicule - remember, silence is complicity now.  

Whew!!   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

23 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Not sure what part of the headline or article have you heartburn, Trips.

The stuff below is some serious **** but wasn't true. Joey brought out the same day that he wasn't under investigation but TDS never addressed that update at the time on their site that I could find. The report indicates that CBG was the one who brought the situation to the administration's attention as soon as he heard about it so can't see that being any significant part of an investigation. Having that serious accusation hanging out there without publishing anything more about it, even just that it may not be true, is totally irresponsible, IMO, but also indicative of some of the **** "journalism" out there that they're representative of.

Headline:

Head Coach Brian Gregory Also Under Investigation for Not Disciplining or Reporting the Incidents

Article:

The school is also investigating head coach Brian Gregory for failing to discipline Herrion or report the incidents to USF Athletics.

51 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know that my teaching has changed significantly over the years. I used to be more jovial, making jokes, pointing students out in a humorous manner (something they were wearing or said). But that left a long time ago. I conduct my classrooms like an assembly line that is purely professional with little deviation (very Fredrick Taylor like). If the students need a friend then they can get a dog, I am there for only one reason. My office hours are conducted with the door open and notes are taken. I trust no one. I got seven more years in this gig and I am getting out unscathed. 

I'm giving you a big old Heart on that one Prof NEB. I imagine you cant say anything about students boobs either any longer or going out for cocktails with the students..You should get hazard pay at this point. Your like the stand-up comedian I referenced with the touchy audience...Good luck with all that dont crack the egg shells...BUT..........At least you have TBP to come over to and raise a little hell. We are a free speech bunch. A thick skinned bunch. A band of derelicts massing around a cause. TBP is your safe place NEB.      well there is puc and bx3 and skingraff and dont forget chem and frisco, jtrue and and....but you know your loved on here....or, at least liked a lot...well you know like tolerated...  😉  Dont let em get you......

• Like 1