• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

There are 2 former players in portal and have not signed with anyone yet.    Akec and Dawson

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  2

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There is a chance that some who entered the portal but haven't signed anywhere will be back.  

I kinda doubt that...

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

dawson maybe akec not a chance after his tweet

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

51 minutes ago, jg233 said:

I kinda doubt that...

16 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

dawson maybe akec not a chance after his tweet

Agree with you bc but you never know what might happen. 

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

On 4/30/2021 at 10:50 AM, usfrank said:

There are 2 former players in portal and have not signed with anyone yet.    Akec and Dawson

Neither will be back fortunately, Akec’s scorched earth exit and Dawson sitting out last year makes them undesirable and neither had game anyways, hope the door didn’t hit them in the ass on the way out, maybe St. Leo will reach out😀.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Maybe this means we're done with nothing mentioned about adding more ..... (A big attaboy for first one to point out error in article)

Gregory Welcomes Seven New Bulls to Men's Basketball Roster

TAMPA, FLA., MAY 5, 2021 – USF basketball head coach Brian Gregory is welcoming seven new Bulls and a diverse array of talent to the roster this spring as he prepares for his fourth season at the helm of the program.

Among the new Bulls are five Division I transfers and one junior college transfer that will be immediately eligible and a Florida high school standout that bring a mix of perimeter skills, shooting and post play to join USF returners Caleb Murphy (G, 6-4, 185), Jamir Chaplin (G, 6-5, 196), Prince Oduro (F, 6-8, 255), Russel Tchewa (C, 7-0, 260) and Mark Calleja (G, 6-2, 185).

"I am extremely excited to welcome Trey Moss, Sam Hines Jr., DJ Patrick, Javon Greene, Jake Boggs, Serrel Smith and Bayron Matos to the South Florida Family," Gregory said. "In the ever-changing landscape of College Basketball recruiting, I believe this group will have tremendous success on the court and in the classroom. Each of these players come from fantastic families and I am humbled by their trust in our program. Each of these players have also achieved high levels of success at the various levels they competed at last season. They definitely meet our objective to bring in highly talented, high character student-athletes.

"This group brings a high basketball IQ, excellent shooting ability and a passion for self-development while maintaining the versatility of our past teams. My staff has done a fantastic job of putting together a recruiting class that when combined with our current returners will be able to compete at the highest level."

Rest of gousfbulls.com article that includes breakdown on each one ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Maybe this means we're done with nothing mentioned about adding more ..... (A big attaboy for first one to point out error in article)

TAMPA, FLA., MAY 5, 2021 – USF basketball head coach Brian Gregory is welcoming seven new Bulls and a diverse array of talent to the roster this spring as he prepares for his fourth season at the helm of the program.

Among the new Bulls are five Division I transfers and one junior college transfer that will be immediately eligible and a Florida high school standout that bring a mix of perimeter skills, shooting and post play to join USF returners Caleb Murphy (G, 6-4, 185), Jamir Chaplin (G, 6-5, 196), Prince Oduro (F, 6-8, 255), Russel Tchewa (C, 7-0, 260) and Mark Calleja (G, 6-2, 185).

"I am extremely excited to welcome Trey Moss, Sam Hines Jr., DJ Patrick, Javon Greene, Jake Boggs, Serrel Smith and Bayron Matos to the South Florida Family," Gregory said. "In the ever-changing landscape of College Basketball recruiting, I believe this group will have tremendous success on the court and in the classroom. Each of these players come from fantastic families and I am humbled by their trust in our program. Each of these players have also achieved high levels of success at the various levels they competed at last season. They definitely meet our objective to bring in highly talented, high character student-athletes.

"This group brings a high basketball IQ, excellent shooting ability and a passion for self-development while maintaining the versatility of our past teams. My staff has done a fantastic job of putting together a recruiting class that when combined with our current returners will be able to compete at the highest level."

We definitely got some skinny guys, they all need (except Matos) 10-15 lbs it appears.  I sure hope they can shoot.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

BG pimping hard in this article. Hope he is right. Certainly these guys can’t be any worse than the last two years. Let’s get some next year guys! 🤘🤘🤘

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

1st version of that article was missing reference to Russell Tchewa. Still having issues with typos and mistakes, it seems.