• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

Guest Jonesy Bull
27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I apologize for my response since I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking had this board gotten better or worse. And that’s what I answered to. I  come here to read and share about USF Athletics and not for the other BS that seems to invade each thread on this board, which is why this one is at 20 pages, half of it with nothing to do about the topic.

As for is our basketball team better, time will tell I believe we have some pieces that will  at least match what left. I will still like to see a big body inside added and as Dave said we are still in running from the big guy from Tennessee. If we land him I think we could end up better than we were. Durr was the one guy I hated to see leave the team.

I hope that this gave you an answer on your question.

No need to apologize.  From what I have read up to this point, it sounds like we are getting some pretty **** good players.  You are right, a Big Man would be huge (no put intended) to round out the completeness of this team.....of course only time will tell if these players meet the expectations and are able to bond together properly or that this coaching staff is able to coach them properly.  But yes, a talented Big man is ultimately important for the balance on this new team. 

Bolded above cause I love that NOTHING has changed here since I've been gone....CONSISTENCY, which I have been a part of from time to time I admit.  Its part of the charm of this Site, which brings us back like a drug.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

Matos and Chewa will do in the post if we are better offensively at the rest of the spots on the floor, and that could be the case - especially if we add Walker.

• Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
21 minutes ago, Dave Glaser said:

Matos and Chewa will do in the post if we are better offensively at the rest of the spots on the floor, and that could be the case - especially if we add Walker.

Sounds like from your perspective, that our hopes for a potentially really good team ride on whether Walker gets signed or not.

I have learned over the years, things like this are too much to get your hopes over.  But maybe the tide has changed.  Fingers Crossed.

5 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Sounds like from your perspective, that our hopes for a potentially really good team ride on whether Walker gets signed or not.

I have learned over the years, things like this are too much to get your hopes over.  But maybe the tide has changed.  Fingers Crossed.

I think we’ll be better offensively regardless, but Walker gives us a potential go-to scorer, stretch 4. Maybe not right away. He will be just a freshman. But he’s not the kind of talent we usually sign. Not quite as freakishly athletic, but think Victor Rudd - a long guy who you have to defend inside and out.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

I think we’ll be better offensively regardless, but Walker gives us a potential go-to scorer, stretch 4. Maybe not right away. He will be just a freshman. But he’s not the kind of talent we usually sign. Not quite as freakishly athletic, but think Victor Rudd - a long guy who you have to defend inside and out.

This may have been talked about earlier in the thread, but how legit is our chance to get him? Is this just wishful thinking on a transfer or are we actually in the mix?

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

This may have been talked about earlier in the thread, but how legit is our chance to get him? Is this just wishful thinking on a transfer or are we actually in the mix?

All I’ve seen leads me to believe we’re at the top of his list at this point. I think there’s a better than good chance.

• Like 1

Another name to add to the mix? Dudley Blackwell - Iowa State transfer.

• Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 hours ago, Dave Glaser said:

Thanks for the info.  OK, you officially got my hopes up now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

On 5/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, Jonesy Bull said:

Been a long time since I've been on this board....so have we gotten better or worse?

The board is stuck in neutral.  USF spring sports are doing okay. Got some tournament teams.

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The board is stuck in neutral.  USF spring sports are doing okay. Got some tournament teams.

Yeah, I know that Softball is having its normal type of year, pretty good.  And baseball is having its normal year, pretty average to bad.  I know Men's tennis won a first round match and is playing big bad Florida.  And women's soccer was a bit disappointing in the tourney.

Its going to be another long hot summer in anticipation of next year.  We say this almost every year, but I actually am looking forward to Football and Basketball next year.  Football feels like it is on the upswing and we are seeing tangible signs of that......and Basketball at least potentially with all the changes has a chance to be better, or at least will be interesting to see how they develop together.