• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Brad said:

What is going on?

I don't know, but whatever it is apparently hasn't scared off our most talented player on the roster or 6 players from committing here ...... so we got that going for us .............. right now anyway.

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

16 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

NEB: No question they do. All you have to do is look at the numbers. Is the competition level going up for most of them? Yes. But it did for Rideau, too, when he came here and that worked out OK. I was ready to pitch it in when the exodus came, but I really like the new additions. And let's not forget the one true freshman in this mix - Trey Moss. He's a nice player. If we can add a Walker (Tennessee) or McCreary (South Carolina), there is no question that we have a better group coming in than the group that left. I don't think there would be many arguments against that.

This cannot be overstated. First true distributing/creating PG we've had here since the AC days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

On 4/11/2021 at 1:03 PM, jg233 said:

We basically get to start over with guys that have been productive players elsewhere.  The group we had did not play well together for the most part last year.  This at least makes things more interesting going into next season.

I feel that most of our transfers from the past weren't impact players on their previous teams and came here and did nothing. I can see that the players coming in, like you said were productive at their previous stops. I can tell we will have a better team. 

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

Reports are that we are ALL IN on Corey Walker Jr. and he is the only other player we are pursing at this point. If we don't get him, we'll hold on to the scholarship.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Reports are that we are ALL IN on Corey Walker Jr. and he is the only other player we are pursing at this point. If we don't get him, we'll hold on to the scholarship.

Unless I'm missing something, we've still got 2 more scholarships available when Matos signs. Prince, Murphy, Chaplin, Tchewa plus 7 incoming this fall ...

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless I'm missing something, we've still got 2 more scholarships available when Matos signs. Prince, Murphy, Chaplin, Tchewa plus 7 incoming this fall ...

Yep. We may go with 11. The plan always was to hold one back, so we were playing with 12 scholarships. We may hold two back if we don't get Walker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yep. We may go with 11. The plan always was to hold one back, so we were playing with 12 scholarships. We may hold two back if we don't get Walker.

If they have 2 open when season starts maybe they'll give one to Calleja for his senior year ........

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,405
  • Days Won:  5

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

If they have 2 open when season starts maybe they'll give one to Calleja for his senior year ........

There is a chance that some who entered the portal but haven't signed anywhere will be back.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There is a chance that some who entered the portal but haven't signed anywhere will be back.  

Do we want them back?