• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men’s hoops additions

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

circumstances out of his control has really hurt his start here. I'm still optimistic he can get us to the point were we are at least .500 every year and once every four years we have a team good enough to compete for a conference championship and make the tourney. Which for this program may be our ceiling.

First season wasn't good but came on strong at the end, more promising than the lost years that came before.

Second season won 24 games and the CBI.

Looking to breakout that 3rd year but we lose Yetna right before the season and have a mediocre season.

Year 4 is a covid year. Start 7-5, then miss a bunch of time to covid, then go 2-8.

Pretty accurate assessment, IMO .... also add to his 3rd year, not only losing conference freshman of the year but his back up also at a point in the building process that there's not a whole lot of room for error.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am a not as optimistic with BG as I once was. I’ll be surprised if we do much over the next few years but of course I’ll support the team as we move forward. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am a not as optimistic with BG as I once was. I’ll be surprised if we do much over the next few years but of course I’ll support the team as we move forward. 

You don't seem very optimistic about anything  ..... you're starting to sound like a curmudgeon .... 😀

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

As will I because of another semi rebuild. I think we're farther along than we were after COA because, if they all stay, we've got a lot better starting point ...... even though the caliber of the players who left were light years ahead of the ones who left after Antigua ..... who, btw, is rumored to be heading back to UK as an asst.

18 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You don't seem very optimistic about anything  ..... you're starting to sound like a curmudgeon .... 😀

you must be new to usf athletics..😃

Edited by NewEnglandBull

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As will I because of another semi rebuild. I think we're farther along than we were after COA because, if they all stay, we've got a lot better starting point ...... even though the caliber of the players who left were light years ahead of the ones who left after Antigua ..... who, btw, is rumored to be heading back to UK as an asst.

For sure he has set a nice base for us and will probably continue to do so through the contract period, but I don’t think he is the person who can push up high enough for an ncaa invite (especially with the new transfer portal rules). Now of course if he has had a come to Jesus moment and is changing his coaching/playing philosophy maybe something happens for the better. I am hoping I am wrong and he becomes a USF legendary coach but I can’t see it happening. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

For sure he has set a nice base for us and will probably continue to do so through the contract period, but I don’t think he is the person who can push up high enough for an ncaa invite (especially with the new transfer portal rules). Now of course if he has had a come to Jesus moment and is changing his coaching/playing philosophy maybe something happens for the better. I am hoping I am wrong and he becomes a USF legendary coach but I can’t see it happening. 

You mean change his philosophy back to the way it was in 2019 or most of his time at Dayton?

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You mean change his philosophy back to the way it was in 2019 or most of his time at Dayton?

A little more offensive minded

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

A little more offensive minded

Or better offensive execution ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,851
  • Days Won:  67

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Or better offensive execution ....

4 years in, who gives a ****, either he can’t coach, or he can’t recruit or he can’t develop or a combination.  End of the day it doesn’t matter why we suck only that we suck.