• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Happening Y'all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s how I got through middle school 😃

Have you always been a test a teetotaler 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

This IPF/Remodel is a step in the right direction but it's almost like it's painful for the powers to be to say....let's do it/we need it. Watching the video of MK as he reported the Big Great News...he looked like he was in shock. Enthusiasm...nada. Sometimes the hype has to start at the very top-if the prez isn't enthusiastic then it will trickle down to the underlings. All very odd-very odd

Hell, he was probably in shock that they finally got enough money out of this ****** up fanbase to even get where they are with this project.

I get what you're saying about the hype/enthusiasm thing but everybody has different management styles and, like different coaching styles, there's no one formula for success. Personally, the hype/enthusiasm stuff seems phony and I much prefer the lower key approach ....

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

The prior renderings may have seemed more substantial/impressive because the operations building was attached to the IPF. That certainly had a good amount of appeal in seeing that both structures connected to one another. I know there were some other details in the initial renderings that aren't in the new ones, but I find the new renderings of the IPF to be better. There should be more room in the updated rendering with how the roof is designed.

I appreciate your support to this project and it's so nice to see that the next phase will begin soon.

Quick question John.  With the 3M improvements to LRS athletic center including the new locker rooms, I take it that when the football operation center is built it won’t include new locker rooms.  Seems to be a waste of money to redo the locker rooms now in the LRS and then build new ones when the football operation center is built in a few years.  Any insight you can lend is always appreciated.

At any rate, I’m glad this is finally getting off the ground.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I disagree, it is a virtual presentation and you can’t play off an audience to help generate some energy.  He is a professional and simply acts like one.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt him to smile more but I just don’t think that is who he is.  He appears to do a great job fundraising and is a serious person, I don’t think I would like working for him but I am certain I would like him working for me.  This is a good thing happening during a very challenging time and for that I will give him props.  

"Disagree"??  You can't disagree this is America.... Oh yeah, ok forget that part. But you know by reading my thoughts that there was no attempt to besmirch the good name of MK. Quite the contrary, I thought it odd that he was so tight he normally appears to be more laid back but businesslike. Hell Frisk, I'm glad we have him. And, I'm happy that you seem so so fond of him...............😉

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I disagree, it is a virtual presentation and you can’t play off an audience to help generate some energy.  He is a professional and simply acts like one.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt him to smile more but I just don’t think that is who he is.  He appears to do a great job fundraising and is a serious person, I don’t think I would like working for him but I am certain I would like him working for me.  This is a good thing happening during a very challenging time and for that I will give him props.  

From everything I've heard he is absolutely a joy to work for.  May not be doing Richard Pryor stand up stuff but he is pleasant, thoughtful and cares about the employees.  You would be just fine working for him - if he'd have you.  😃  

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Hell, he was probably in shock that they finally got enough money out of this ****** up fanbase to even get where they are with this project.

I get what you're saying about the hype/enthusiasm thing but everybody has different management styles and, like different coaching styles, there's no one formula for success. Personally, the hype/enthusiasm stuff seems phony and I much prefer the lower key approach ....

Ah excuse me Bx3, I'm part of the ******up fanbase and you, are part of that ******up fanbase. Hey, your 6 letter word for fanbase was "iconic" right??? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Quick question John.  With the 3M improvements to LRS athletic center including the new locker rooms, I take it that when the football operation center is built it won’t include new locker rooms.  Seems to be a waste of money to redo the locker rooms now in the LRS and then build new ones when the football operation center is built in a few years.  Any insight you can lend is always appreciated.

At any rate, I’m glad this is finally getting off the ground.

I don't know the answer to this but my guess is that they would still do a facility for football attached/near the IPF and turn the soon to be LRS stuff over to other sports.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

From everything I've heard he is absolutely a joy to work for.  May not be doing Richard Pryor stand up stuff but he is pleasant, thoughtful and cares about the employees.  You would be just fine working for him - if he'd have you.  😃  

HAAAA😂  Let's hope ol MK isn't snorting, joking and setting himself on fire....I'm thinking a comparison to like a Knute Rockne, Sparky Anderson, Pa Kettle you know dickie pryor might be a bit of a stretch...

Saw this earlier today over on the Football News site. It's a good story/interview of C Spencer re: the D. I attached this comment by Daquan Evans good old #0. His comments gave some insight into how the players feel about the IPF and Remodel. Nice

Bulls players were still buzzing over the news that USF was making major renovations to the Selmon Athletics Center, while also breaking ground by this summer on a $22-million Indoor Performance Facility (with a Football Operations Center to follow).

"We're getting our own new facility and that's a big upgrade for us,'' Evans said. "It made us very happy. It's definitely going to help the team win.

"We want to show that we deserve that indoor facility and we're not just being pampered. We want to show in our performance that we're a team that's going to bring a lot of W's. We'll be the first USF football team to have something like this, so it's very exciting.'

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Let me clear the white noise...We will have the best IPF in the state and play in a state of the art venue...seems like a good deal to me...