• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

It's Happening Y'all

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Hey, your 6 letter word for fanbase was "iconic" right??? 

"Marvey" ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So you’re telling me we will get more than 35k to see Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Memphis, and Temple? I don’t care how many winning seasons we have your lucky to get 30k. With all of the success UCF had those games did not sell out. 

Averaged 38,000+ in 2018. I’m not trying to pick which games people will attend.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Averaged 38,000+ in 2018. I’m not trying to pick which games people will attend.

Yes, I think 38k average is doable and is about at the max (maybe 42k if everything is perfect). And I am talking about people “at the actual game.” We have people who have season tickets but never come (corporations I suspect). 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And I am talking about people “at the actual game.” We have people who have season tickets but never come (corporations I suspect). 

Joey, is that you?

You know that all really matters is tickets sold. Who gives a **** if corporations or whoever BUY tix but they aren't used??

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Joey, is that you?

You know that all really matters is tickets sold. Who gives a **** if corporations or whoever BUY tix but they aren't used??

I do...it looks bush league on tv...the optics are terrible. Further if we “ever” to have anything that’s a positive brand athletics image then we need butts in the seats. If they don’t actually show up do they really care? 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do...it looks bush league on tv...the optics are terrible. Further if we “ever” to have anything that’s a positive brand athletics image then we need butts in the seats. If they don’t actually show up do they really care? 

All that really matters is they care enough to actually buy tickets... especially right now. Maybe one day we'll make those buying but not attending want to attend but the first step is getting them to care enough to fork out money ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You probably would not like working for someone who frowns on drinking at work...😂

I don’t drink at work however outside business hours all bets are off.  

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

All that really matters is they care enough to actually buy tickets... especially right now. Maybe one day we'll make those buying but not attending want to attend but the first step is getting them to care enough to fork out money ....

Ok I agree with that point...”if” there is a plan to get people there. My concern is people from other states scanning the channels for a game tune in to our game and see 17k and this creates a negative impression. I already have this with some relatives so I am sure others nationally have done so as well. So my issue is separate from the financial issue...which I agree, if someone is cutting a check for season tickets that’s good regardless if they come or not. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:

"Disagree"??  You can't disagree this is America.... Oh yeah, ok forget that part. But you know by reading my thoughts that there was no attempt to besmirch the good name of MK. Quite the contrary, I thought it odd that he was so tight he normally appears to be more laid back but businesslike. Hell Frisk, I'm glad we have him. And, I'm happy that you seem so so fond of him...............😉

A zoom is not the same as in person and cracking jokes with people on mute is not a recipe for success, trust me I know.  He did seem a little tight, he may have been constipated who knows, but overall seems like a good fit and compared to Woolard he is Michael Jordan.  

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

From everything I've heard he is absolutely a joy to work for.  May not be doing Richard Pryor stand up stuff but he is pleasant, thoughtful and cares about the employees.  You would be just fine working for him - if he'd have you.  😃  

I am a peach and he would be fortunate to have me on his team.  I remember  chatting with him about DFW and his family at the Houston Alumni tailgate prior to losing every game the rest of the season and he seemed to have lighted up someone for allowing me to talk to him.  I was lubricated but very coherent and he did not seem pleasant.  His job is extremely stressful and he may have been wound tight or really did not enjoy my 1 minute discussion( highly possible 😀) however I don’t see him as pleasant, demanding, no nonsense but not a players coach in my limited experience.