• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Happening Y'all

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, Joe said:

We’re making progress. I said back I. 2007 it was shortsighted not to have committed a future plan for a football only facility (whether that included an OCS or not).

Facilities aren’t the sole reason for our disappointing years, but they do factor in and are key to rebuilding. 

Well it was coming, just 15 years down the road.  

But your right, I think if we had committed and capitalized back then, we might have gotten that P5 invite and not be in the position we are in now.....but that's the past, nothing to do but live in the here and now and do the best we can to dig ourselves out of this hole we are in.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It should be remembered that BE money back then is about what we are getting paid now. But about all of it was plowed into the baseball/softball complex and a few others. I still don’t get why the university does not spend from its own resources in Athletics. It amazes me that this entire IPF was privately funded. If this is the same strategy going forward I would not hold my breath on the football center anytime soon (which is why they are updating the existing locker rooms now). 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Since it's privately funded, what will the IPF be called? There should be some amount for naming rights, correct?

Or it will be named after the the biggest donor, so I am sure it will be the Muma indoor Performance Center. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Or it will be named after the the biggest donor, so I am sure it will be the Muma indoor Performance Center. 

Maybe with the words “Sad” or “Great” before the word “Performance” based on how well we are playing. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I am a peach and he would be fortunate to have me on his team.  I remember  chatting with him about DFW and his family at the Houston Alumni tailgate prior to losing every game the rest of the season and he seemed to have lighted up someone for allowing me to talk to him.  I was lubricated but very coherent and he did not seem pleasant.  His job is extremely stressful and he may have been wound tight or really did not enjoy my 1 minute discussion( highly possible 😀) however I don’t see him as pleasant, demanding, no nonsense but not a players coach in my limited experience. 

You very well may have been a few drinks into the day. But I do appreciate you buying me a drink that day (or was it the night before)?  Thanks again in either case.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/ltdces/top_5_schools_likely_to_leap_to_power_5_coaching/

Not even a mention really. We should have been light years ahead of everyone except Cincy, but we failed to capitalize on the Big East times.

Until I see a list put out by P5 teams saying what their criteria will be for/if expansion, I'm treating this type stuff as nothing more than more Internet gossip ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

31 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think there have been several large donors, including the polarizing JG ....

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You very well may have been a few drinks into the day. But I do appreciate you buying me a drink that day (or was it the night before)?  Thanks again in either case.

That was actually at the GA Tech happy hour where I bought you a bourbon, you gave my wife and I a shot of fireball at the Houston alumni event and it was my pleasure.  

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think there have been several large donors, including the polarizing JG ....

I say we name it after @DELdaBull, he chipped in 25 bucks recently.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,577
  • Days Won:  29

A big step in the direct we need!

Go BULLS !!!