• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Happening Y'all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, John Lewis said:

I'm not sure why they could be that unhappy. We have been fundraising for this project privately, so nothing has been taken from them.

Also, they will likely be able to access the facility for events.

John:

I want to be very clear that your dedication is incredible and support for the university and insight shared on this site is inspiring. I don't ever want the various commentary or perspective to dim any of that shine. Please never let it and please help others find what was lost.

That being said, a small part of me was a bit disappointed with the IPF because the previous renderings appeared more substantial/impressive. The fact that shovels will finally dig is wonderful, my expectations were just previously set very high and were delivered a bit lower (unless I have missed something). I am very excited and proud and very appreciative that my (small) donation (although I have claimed part of CR's donation in my head so my contribution feels much more substantial) helped it actually come to fruition. I hope going forward we temper our projections/rhetoric and really deliver on something tangible. If I never saw a previous rendering and this IPF news came out today, I would be on cloud 9. Same result, different feeling. I'm very proud to be a Bull and really am excited for the IPF and next year...and even though I aspire to agree with puc in all ways, I do believe in CJS. Hope is not a strategy, but its all I've got!

Edited by mj796
  • Haha 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

The Tampa Trib sports guy did an article that made for some interesting projections regarding conference realignment, expansion of the playoffs, P5, etc. He played off a comment that MK made in the IPF video. Sure it's all speculation but food for thought about--where might the future of USF go? 

We have fallen so far out of the dialogue the past few years while our neighbor excelled and worked into the spotlight. USF has a very long, tough road to go to try and regain some football credibility. 

But its not too late, if we can get our "Stuff" together by 2024/2025.  And this new Football facility will do nothing but help.  The rest is up to CJS and the Players to get us some big wins on the field between now and then.....and then we will see.  Stranger things have happened.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Again - We've never been consistent enough to find out. Two years out of 24 is NOT consistent. Yes, I know he started for three years.

So you’re telling me we will get more than 35k to see Tulsa, Tulane, SMU, Memphis, and Temple? I don’t care how many winning seasons we have your lucky to get 30k. With all of the success UCF had those games did not sell out. 

13 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

But its not too late, if we can get our "Stuff" together by 2024/2025.  And this new Football facility will do nothing but help.  The rest is up to CJS and the Players to get us some big wins on the field between now and then.....and then we will see.  Stranger things have happened.

No P5 conference will be adding a G5 school in the future...there is no added value relative to the contract ($25 mil per team in Big 12). Best chance is getting an auto bid for the G5 winner. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

19 minutes ago, mj796 said:

That being said, a small part of me was a bit disappointed with the IPF because the previous renderings appeared more substantial/impressive. The fact that shovels will finally dig is wonderful, my expectations were just previously set very high and were delivered a bit lower (unless I have missed something). I am very excited and proud and very appreciative that my (small) donation (although I have claimed part of CR's donation in my head so my contribution feels much more substantial) helped it actually come to fruition. I hope going forward we temper our projections/rhetoric and really deliver on something tangible. If I never saw a previous rendering and this IPF news came out today, I would be on cloud 9. Same result, different feeling. I'm very proud to be a Bull and really am excited for the IPF and next year...and even though I aspire to agree with puc in all ways, I do believe in CJS. Hope is not a strategy, but its all I've got!

The prior renderings may have seemed more substantial/impressive because the operations building was attached to the IPF. That certainly had a good amount of appeal in seeing that both structures connected to one another. I know there were some other details in the initial renderings that aren't in the new ones, but I find the new renderings of the IPF to be better. There should be more room in the updated rendering with how the roof is designed.

I appreciate your support to this project and it's so nice to see that the next phase will begin soon.

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No P5 conference will be adding a G5 school in the future...there is no added value relative to the contract ($25 mil per team in Big 12). Best chance is getting an auto bid for the G5 winner. 

Your probably right, but one can dream.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, BulledOver said:Watching the video of MK as he reported the Big Great News...he looked like he was in shock. Enthusiasm...nada. Sometimes the hype has to start at the very top-if the prez isn't enthusiastic then it will trickle down to the underlings. All very odd-very odd

I disagree, it is a virtual presentation and you can’t play off an audience to help generate some energy.  He is a professional and simply acts like one.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt him to smile more but I just don’t think that is who he is.  He appears to do a great job fundraising and is a serious person, I don’t think I would like working for him but I am certain I would like him working for me.  This is a good thing happening during a very challenging time and for that I will give him props.  

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I disagree, it is a virtual presentation and you can’t play off an audience to help generate some energy.  He is a professional and simply acts like one.  I guess it wouldn’t hurt him to smile more but I just don’t think that is who he is.  He appears to do a great job fundraising and is a serious person, I don’t think I would like working for him but I am certain I would like him working for me.  This is a good thing happening during a very challenging time and for that I will give him props.  

You probably would not like working for someone who frowns on drinking at work...😂

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You probably would not like working for someone who frowns on drinking at work...😂

What is this communist Russia? How else are you supposed to fake it through the day?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

What is this communist Russia? How else are you supposed to fake it through the day?

It’s how I got through middle school 😃