• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's Happening Y'all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Somewhere over 311,000 alumni and a pitiful 42,053 members in the Alumni Assoc. I don't know the number of the last 25 years, but this is certainly, I think, part of the problem. Combine that with the mindset of @HyperBullee's sister/students and it becomes a tough sell considering the product we're trying to sell.

WINNING CONSISTENTLY will help solve the problem. Another problem, IMO, is winning in the spotlight. Way to many times we lay an egg when we have an opportunity to play on a National stage. We cannot lose to 50/60-10 to UF and expect to gain any respect in 2021.

But keep in mind even if we win the best we will do will be 30/35k in that range. We will never reach the BE days again while in a G5 conference and I suspect that is where we will always be. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

There is no reason for an OCS in the near future or maybe not even the long future, put a great product on the field and get into a P5 conference, and the place will fill up and be a rockin like it was in 2007.

Great news on this project finally moving along.  As the Jefferson's would say "Movin on up"!!

The Tampa Trib sports guy did an article that made for some interesting projections regarding conference realignment, expansion of the playoffs, P5, etc. He played off a comment that MK made in the IPF video. Sure it's all speculation but food for thought about--where might the future of USF go? 

We have fallen so far out of the dialogue the past few years while our neighbor excelled and worked into the spotlight. USF has a very long, tough road to go to try and regain some football credibility. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But keep in mind even if we win the best we will do will be 30/35k in that range. We will never reach the BE days again while in a G5 conference and I suspect that is where we will always be. 

I don't know that. We've never been consistent enough to find out. 

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

yeah, right now 35,000 at our games would be a big win for USF. Nudge it to 40k...? That's probably the best we can expect unless something wonderous/magical happens.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

19 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Here's this, was over on Instagram. USF Football posted the rendering of the new IPF building with the news. There were the positive comments but, I was a amazed at the many negative/bitchy comments apparently coming from current students bashing the idea. And you wonder why the fan base is so small at the games. Makes you wonder just how many USF students past/present just dont give a rats azz about sports/teams. It's time to put some $$ into football and the other sports or.......

I'm sure the Presidents off and MK's office are prob taking some beatings about now from angry shats. Poor guys will prob get cancelled..................

I'm not sure why they could be that unhappy. We have been fundraising for this project privately, so nothing has been taken from them.

Also, they will likely be able to access the facility for events.

Just now, John Lewis said:

I'm not sure why they could be that unhappy. We have been fundraising for this project privately, so nothing has been taken from them.

Also, they will likely be able to access the facility for events.

Yep, you know that and all of us know that but the young'uns looked at life very very differently now. I'm not a babe in the woods by any means but..I was kinda shocked( and a little bit ticked) that USF students would project that towards an effort such as this the IPF. I wonder how a team member or coach would feel reading the comments?? An outsider or alumni?? I know, they run to social media to flex their muscles but.."It's your university be proud of forward movement" Probably the new medical school upset them too...😉

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

18 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

The Tampa Trib sports guy did an article that made for some interesting projections regarding conference realignment, expansion of the playoffs, P5, etc. He played off a comment that MK made in the IPF video. Sure it's all speculation but food for thought about--where might the future of USF go? 

We have fallen so far out of the dialogue the past few years while our neighbor excelled and worked into the spotlight. USF has a very long, tough road to go to try and regain some football credibility. 

Don't know the answer but I'd bet that at some point during the tv broadcast of our wins vs Auburn, WVU, ND and FSU we were called UCF by the announcers. Even when we were in the spotlight we weren't in the spotlight.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't know the answer but I'd bet that at some point during the tv broadcast of our wins vs Auburn, WVU, ND and FSU we were called UCF by the announcers. Even when we were in the spotlight we weren't in the spotlight.

Funny, I remember that. You would think that USF would be a lot easier to roll off your tongue than ucf.  Possibly because they think of Unicef so ucf just links up in their brain due to all the years of tv advertising for that agency?? Just think, a person that's dyslexic that went to FSU always thinks they went to USF...🤔 we should try and tap them as possible donors???

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I don't know that. We've never been consistent enough to find out. 

You’re not getting more than than that to see AAC teams. Hell we had the greatest QB in program history and 20k came out for his last game. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You’re not getting more than than that to see AAC teams. Hell we had the greatest QB in program history and 20k came out for his last game. 

Again - We've never been consistent enough to find out. Two years out of 24 is NOT consistent. Yes, I know he started for three years.