• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Talk about being relegated to the small time...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Remember when we were in a power conference? Hey we still get that $7mil to spend on test tubes for being a Florida preeminent status 🤷‍♂️. It’s not like it used to be:

SEC to pay $45M ea; GT says ACC to pay $32M 

From Yahoo! Sports: "SEC distributes over $45M to each school... in 2019-20"
For its 2019-20 fiscal year, which ended on Aug. 31, the KO KO SEC enjoyed conference revenues of $657.7 million. That represents an increase of $6 million from the 2018-19 fiscal year and an average payout of around $45 million per school...

haulingmoney.png

This blog is about ACC Football - past glory, what went wrong, and how to fix...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

They’re shopping at Nordstrom and we’re shopping at Dollar General

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

Anytime I read items like this, my initial reaction is how are these conferences not being regulated as businesses (I believe they are tax exempt under NCAA guidelines)

My second thought is always how the P5 is not considered a monopoly 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Anytime I read items like this, my initial reaction is how are these conferences not being regulated as businesses (I believe they are tax exempt under NCAA guidelines)

My second thought is always how the P5 is not considered a monopoly 

You are right about both of those.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

It sucks because I knew we were being priced out, but I really didn’t know the extent. Almost makes me sick knowing we will almost never compete for a National Championship. I definitely think there should be some kind of monopoly busting going on. **** shame that it won’t happen though.

We can talk on-field success all we want, but what did that get Boise State or most recently that school near Disney?

CFP needs to expand, and some kind of financial cap needs to be put on programs (I really don’t know how that would be implemented).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

It sucks because I knew we were being priced out, but I really didn’t know the extent. Almost makes me sick knowing we will almost never compete for a National Championship. 

I accepted this fact long ago and would be thrilled with a conference championship.  If it makes you feel better there are only a handful of schools that have a realistic shot of a National Championship, the rest are just trying to make a splash from time to time.  Let’s get back to bowling again and I would be happy, lower your standards and you will be much happier.  

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

11 hours ago, JTrue said:

The money is one thing and the gap has risen considerably for the P5 v. everyone else, but we’ve never been part of the haves. We’ve always been part of the have nots

And a goodly amount of our fan base that thinks we were, IMO, has done almost irreparable damage to our program ...

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

CFB needs to be fixed.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I accepted this fact long ago and would be thrilled with a conference championship.  If it makes you feel better there are only a handful of schools that have a realistic shot of a National Championship, the rest are just trying to make a splash from time to time.  Let’s get back to bowling again and I would be happy, lower your standards and you will be much happier.  

This! Even in the P5, most will never sniff a shot at a national championship. That can’t be the barometer for success the way college football is currently structured. It’s broken, and the powers at the top have no interest in fixing it. None. They are fat, happy and hold all the cards along with ESPN.