• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Off Season discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

Since it's so slow, let's play NCAA - How should football and/or basketball handle rankings/seedings?

If Team A can find a way to play, should Team B (that can't keep their players from Covid) be afforded ANY preference in the rankings? Should there be exceptions? Such as, "We're clean and ready to play but they have canceled the game." Should that be considered a forfeit?

Should there be bubble teams that could jump in at the last minute? Especially in March?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Since it's so slow, let's play NCAA - How should football and/or basketball handle rankings/seedings?

If Team A can find a way to play, should Team B (that can't keep their players from Covid) be afforded ANY preference in the rankings? Should there be exceptions? Such as, "We're clean and ready to play but they have canceled the game." Should that be considered a forfeit?

Should there be bubble teams that could jump in at the last minute? Especially in March?

This one is gonna take some time to think about.  Interesting questions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

First thing that popped into my mind was that if you're going to be hit with a loss if you don't play, may open door for some thoughtless shenanigans pertaining to health.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Set the bar at like 2/3s of regular games. If you didn’t play that number of games you get left out of the conversation. Everyone else should be examined apples to apples.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

First thing that popped into my mind was that if you're going to be hit with a loss if you don't play, may open door for some thoughtless shenanigans pertaining to health.

What if you're going to be hit with a loss if you DO play? I'd think finding a reason not to play a sure loss is more likely. Think if the team has a couple key injuries

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On 12/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, BDYZR said:

I think the season should be started with no rankings. When 3 games have been played let the rankings begin. Doesnt matter what they did the year before eg: LSU let teams play few games then their is really some substance to quantify/justify. I get tired of all the pre-season hype about this school, that player, etc

So say I.............Do the I's have it?       Prob not

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I think the season should be started with no rankings. When 3 games have been played let the rankings begin. Doesnt matter what they did the year before eg: LSU let teams play few games then their is really some substance to quantify/justify. I get tired of all the pre-season hype about this school, that player, etc

I'm fine with waiting 3 games.  Preseason stuff, especially this year, is silly.  Wasn't Penn St a Top 20 team in football preseason?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm fine with waiting 3 games.  Preseason stuff, especially this year, is silly.  Wasn't Penn St a Top 20 team in football preseason?

Top 10

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yeah, this year was more absurd..like bring in oregon and b10 teams after the season started then inserting them into the standings before a game?? kinda says-screw you to the teams that have been playing..but, hopefully a year like this one wont happen again???? hope hope hope

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Who is going to stop the press from doing that? It can’t be enforced.