• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN+...USF Football’s Home Away from Home

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Don't mind it at all.  The 5 bucks is chump change and with the ESPN app on my TV, the games are super easy to find.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

O

10 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Don't mind it at all.  The 5 bucks is chump change and with the ESPN app on my TV, the games are super easy to find.

That’s not the point in my mind. The fact that I can watch East Nowhere State VS St. Patricks Girls Academy Boys Team football on normal channels yet not find USF is a huge “advertising” miss. Look up the number of subscribers to the four letter+ network. Out of sight out of mind (maybe a good thing this year). In today’s tough bar and restaurant environment how many places will simply say ‘Nope we don’t get that channel here’. The loss of casual and non but interested fans will eventually translate to apathy and ignorance of the program.  As a season ticket holder since the first year even I have found myself losing interest since games were on the Ocho plus. Listened on the radio but not the same. No interest in dealing with even a temporary subscription. Maybe my loss but definitely a loss for the program. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t look cause after that we have Houston...😱

They make high school announcers look like 1970s Monday Night Football. 

antonin scalia hands GIF

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I really couldn't care less what channel we are on, just get some commentators who care about their job enough to read the roster before the game. 

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

30 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I really couldn't care less what channel we are on, just get some commentators who care about their job enough to read the roster before the game. 

The announcers always let us know they wish they where covering the UCF game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, Mission9 said:

ESPN + is the de facto AAC conference network.

14 hours ago, Cornada said:

Not the best situation to be sure, but I'm a big enough fan to pony up the $5 a month to watch.

As a now remotely located Bulls fan I got the ESPN+ bundle with hulu and Disney+.  So now if I get sick of watching a Bulls' slaughter or binging Peyton's Places or the Life and Trials of Oscar Pistorius, I can always flip over and watch Frozen again.  So....

"Let it go.  Let it go..."

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

11 hours ago, SpikeBull said:

O

That’s not the point in my mind. The fact that I can watch East Nowhere State VS St. Patricks Girls Academy Boys Team football on normal channels yet not find USF is a huge “advertising” miss. Look up the number of subscribers to the four letter+ network. Out of sight out of mind (maybe a good thing this year). In today’s tough bar and restaurant environment how many places will simply say ‘Nope we don’t get that channel here’. The loss of casual and non but interested fans will eventually translate to apathy and ignorance of the program.  As a season ticket holder since the first year even I have found myself losing interest since games were on the Ocho plus. Listened on the radio but not the same. No interest in dealing with even a temporary subscription. Maybe my loss but definitely a loss for the program. 

The point for me is I already pay for a large sports package including many ESPN channels already so I'm not paying another $5 to ESPN because they won't deign to put our games on broadcast.

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

As a now remotely located Bulls fan I got the ESPN+ bundle with hulu and Disney+.  So now if I get sick of watching a Bulls' slaughter or binging Peyton's Places or the Life and Trials of Oscar Pistorius, I can always flip over and watch Frozen again.  So....

"Let it go.  Let it go..."

This is the way.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The point for me is I already pay for a large sports package including many ESPN channels already so I'm not paying another $5 to ESPN because they won't deign to put our games on broadcast.

I can’t disagree and pay a mint as well but I made the annual purchase because I think our BB team will make it worthwhile.  But who knows this is USF athletics.  The football team is not worth 5 cents let alone 5 bucks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I can’t disagree and pay a mint as well but I made the annual purchase because I think our BB team will make it worthwhile.  But who knows this is USF athletics.  The football team is not worth 5 cents let alone 5 bucks.

I get HBO, and because I get HBO on cable, I get HBO Max as well. The hill I'm gonna die on, and nobody else needs to, is that ESPN+ should be part of my ESPN cable package .

This year I'm saving myself a small bit of money and a lot of misery it seems.

• Upvote 1