• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I always thought we were way ahead of the curve in social distancing at Bulls games in RayJay.  Heck the "crowds" at our games have been doing it for years.  I used to catch every game from my prime seats on the 50 yard line.  Now I just do it from hundreds of miles away and --- to be honest -- this season, I haven't missed it all that much.   Someday, if the world doesn't end, maybe I will return.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

40 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Ethno-States may prove to be safer and more stable in the future.

Yeah there are certain advantages to a focused unified approach to a problem. All government styles have their strengths and weaknesses. The weakness of the USA is this was a National threat not a state by state threat but it was treated like a political hot potato instead of a national emergency. I haven't kept up with Singapore but being a city state they had a big scare but i think they also got it quickly under wraps. That i would by into as a scale issue, but while the national of Thailand is definitely smaller than the USA, the city of Bangkok is the same if not bigger in population (depending the source and year) as NYC. FYI and FWIW the south of Thailand is a lot more Muslim and has heavy influence from Malaysia, and the northern regions speak Issan which is closer to Lao/Cambodian than Thai.  

My whole take though was the pure absurdity that a piece of fabric is such an oppression, even if it is mostly ineffective, if it helped just 1% it is a very very low threshold of pain that might (probably is) doing some amount of mitigation. But it is what it is, wash your hands I am going to go out to the open bar and play some pool. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

4 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

My whole take though was the pure absurdity that a piece of fabric is such an oppression, even if it is mostly ineffective, if it helped just 1% it is a very very low threshold of pain that might (probably is) doing some amount of mitigation.

it's not really the mask, it's what it represents and you actually had the answer earlier in your post:

The weakness of the USA is this was a National threat not a state by state threat but it was treated like a political hot potato instead of a national emergency.

Nobody knows how it would have played out if it had been treated with the true seriousness of it from the beginning instead of being downplayed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nobody knows how it would have played out if it had been treated with the true seriousness of it from the beginning instead of being downplayed.

I would venture to say the same.  This is a highly contagious disease that is not going anywhere for the time being.  Many countries will continue to see peaks and valleys in case loads throughout the winter no matter what they decide to do.  We are now getting word the vaccines will only help mitigate the symptoms but not eradicate the virus.  If this is the case than won’t we be in the same spot with asymptotic people infecting those in high risk categories.  I know we live in a world where everyone likes to blame someone else, so if you feel so inclined then blame China or do what the rest of us do and realize **** happens and make the best of it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would venture to say the same.  This is a highly contagious disease that is not going anywhere for the time being.  Many countries will continue to see peaks and valleys in case loads throughout the winter no matter what they decide to do.  We are now getting word the vaccines will only help mitigate the symptoms but not eradicate the virus.  If this is the case than won’t we be in the same spot with asymptotic people infecting those in high risk categories.  I know we live in a world where everyone likes to blame someone else, so if you feel so inclined then blame China or do what the rest of us do and realize **** happens and make the best of it.

Although not really buying the part of the last sentence pertaining to the rest of you, not you specifically, not blaming China, I'll agree entirely with the sentiment .......... and hadn't heard about the "vaccine" only mitigating symptoms, which is scary. Wouldn't that, though, mean it wasn't really a vaccine?

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Although not really buying the part of the last sentence pertaining to the rest of you, not you specifically, not blaming China, I'll agree entirely with the sentiment .......... and hadn't heard about the "vaccine" only mitigating symptoms, which is scary. Wouldn't that, though, mean it wasn't really a vaccine?

Couldn't read through this whole thread.  Since yours is on the last page......   I believe flu shots sometimes don't stop you from getting the virus but will lessen the symptoms.  I know they have to guess at what flu strains will come around each season but even lessening of symptoms will be a good thing for Covid.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Eradication vs Elimination?  It's interesting in the world of viral science how these words are used and how Joe Normal interprets the words/phrases. You hear them batted around listening to the "experts(cough)" use them. Very few viruses have actually ever been eliminated. Even then it isn't really gone it's just that it isn't killing people off around the world in high numbers. Vaccines and treatments have been the solution and at times getting rid of the generating source. Time will be the great teacher/indicator regarding this Covid virus. Some of the old virus's are rearing their ugly heads again due to lack of vaccinations. Just think, the bubonic plague bacteria has been identified this year in..ready? China! Imagine that. Antibiotics are our control but it's still out there. Read recently, chipmunks fleas are fine carriers too. Lot's of stuff out there that can get you. It's Everywhere!!  It's Everywhere!! Ok, had to do that last part just for Halloween effect. Stay Healthy Folks..

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

55 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Of all the virus vaccines (at least a dozen) only small pox has been completely eradicated.  This one appears to be too contagious and widespread to ever be eradicated.  (Fauci’s words). It will eventually become less of an issue as more people get the illness and get a vaccination that mitigate the symptoms and the amount of people being exposed.  It will probably end up being more like the seasonal flu EVENTUALLY.   But nobody really knows, I would at least request that people stop saying they will crush the virus and eliminate it, not likely or even possible in my opinion.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I think everyone needs to just resign themselves to the fact that it is time of sacrifice and unpleasantness.  For example, I was just advised I have to have a COVID-19 test tomorrow as a precursor to a colonoscopy next week -- on Election Day!  Talk about insult to injury.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i will remain in my basement

• Haha 1