• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Completely disagree. USF Football program absolutely lived. It was exciting, we were winning big games on the road. It was exciting and it felt like anything was possible...and we freaking owned UCF. The program was very alive and now it’s not. 

There is a direct correlation with the rise of UCF and the death of USF. Why would any kid being recruited by both schools choose USF anymore? This program failed to capitalize on the early momentum. 

Your last paragraph is spot on. It’s going to take a lot to get a kid to come here.

2 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

I'd pound both... 

this is where alcohol can be bad...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Completely disagree. USF Football program absolutely lived. It was exciting, we were winning big games on the road. It was exciting and it felt like anything was possible...and we freaking owned UCF. The program was very alive and now it’s not. 

There is a direct correlation with the rise of UCF and the death of USF. Why would any kid being recruited by both schools choose USF anymore? This program failed to capitalize on the early momentum. 

I don't agree with that logic. If a team can't recruit because another team is better, how did UCF catch us?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

It is a rock and hard place problem.

We have tasted the big time for a brief period-- however incredibly lucky that was -- and for some reason CONTINUE to operate a budget that makes no sense and goes DIRECTLY against the original plans for this program.

We outgrew the original plan and then when things changed-- NO ONE made an executive decision to scale things back. So we are on a foolish path--- bleeding money like crazy -- losing our fan base more and more as we play half arsed football ALSO due to making dumb athletic department decisions in terms of coaching moves. Some of those weren't entirely our fault though the last one is especially dumb imo.

Winning helps-- and while the current team blows monkey--- it does, we know it does--- winning won't get us out of this shame spiral. I am fine with just watching what the new coach can EVENTUALLY do. He deserves a chance just like any of them did in the past.But we need to re-evaluate our program and how we want to proceed. I can totally see us taking a step down-- FCS even -- and using our (modified) soccer stadium as the new place to play for a few years.

I would also be fine if they simply called it all off. We have basically no place to go even if we were 14-0 every season right now. Oh boy-- we can play in the Fiesta Bowl--- woo hoo. NO one cares. We will never play for anything of any significance under the current settings. It is not even worth caring about this any more. Yeah-- I know-- under CJL - a coach I completely believed in-- we were doing amazing things. Now we are less than dogchit. I just give up.

Amen brother. HOF post.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your last paragraph is spot on. It’s going to take a lot to get a kid to come here.

this is where alcohol can be bad...

Or good, it makes USF football easier to look at,  just as it does women.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

2 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Or good, it makes USF football easier to look at,  just as it does women.

Just like in 12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't agree with that logic. If a team can't recruit because another team is better, how did UCF catch us?

I don’t think they caught us....there was nothing for them to catch. I think we disintegrated. But for arguments sake, let’s say they caught us. I’d say they did it by making better hires. By creating excitement around their program (building an OCS for example). By recruiting better players. By coaching those players better. 

As for my point, I’ll ask it again. Why would a kid that’s not getting recruited by the big boys choose USF over UCF? We were never getting the UF and FSU recruits. We were getting the next tier below. I believe that we are no longer getting them, and I believe UCF is. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Just like in 12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer.

Exactly. I'm confident that if I drink enough, then  Amy Schumer will look like Jessica Alba. Ok let's be honest, I might need a few lines, a couple joints, and some lsd (on top of 20+ beers).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I don’t think they caught us....there was nothing for them to catch. I think we disintegrated. But for arguments sake, let’s say they caught us. I’d say they did it by making better hires. By creating excitement around their program (building an OCS for example). By recruiting better players. By coaching those players better. 

As for my point, I’ll ask it again. Why would a kid that’s not getting recruited by the big boys choose USF over UCF? We were never getting the UF and FSU recruits. We were getting the next tier below. I believe that we are no longer getting them, and I believe UCF is. 

I'm just not following. We'll I'm following. Just don't agree. Teams would never change position in the standings if you could only recruit to your current level. Some coaches recruit better than others. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm just not following. We'll I'm following. Just don't agree. Teams would never change position in the standings if you could only recruit to your current level. Some coaches recruit better than others. 

This is true.