• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

I'd say that USF Football never really lived. It merely existed and for a VERY short time was almost slightly relevant.

Other than that-- I have no idea why we think we deserve more than that after not having a team until 1997. We are so small time that we should just give up and put the money into basketball-- a sport we have the best chance of ever doing something worth noting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

Just now, MikeG said:

I'd say that USF Football never really lived. It merely existed and for a VERY short time was almost slightly relevant.

Other than that-- I have no idea why we think we deserve more than that after not having a team until 1997. We are so small time that we should just give up and put the money into basketball-- a sport we have the best chance of ever doing something worth noting.

Or maybe go back to FCS??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  144

Just now, brybull1970 said:

Or maybe go back to FCS??

Maybe-- seems like our diehard fans still think of us as Big East - Power 5 BIG TIME Football school adjacent. That ship sailed so long ago -- right around when the power conferences decided they had a new way to exclude the pissants of the world. We are pissants though getting a USF fan to grasp that concept seems kind of difficult. "we''l be in the Big 12 before you know it"

yeah-- right.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

USFF.jpg

☝️That’s some funny ****!!

Just now, MikeG said:

Maybe-- seems like our diehard fans still think of us as Big East - Power 5 BIG TIME Football school adjacent. That ship sailed so long ago -- right around when the power conferences decided they had a new way to exclude the pissants of the world. We are pissants though getting a USF fan to grasp that concept seems kind of difficult. "we''l be in the Big 12 before you know it"

yeah-- right.

Yeah, that USF to P5 talk has gone pretty quiet. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, MikeG said:

yeah-- right.

Well stated Mike

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Completely disagree. USF Football program absolutely lived. It was exciting, we were winning big games on the road. It was exciting and it felt like anything was possible...and we freaking owned UCF. The program was very alive and now it’s not. 

There is a direct correlation with the rise of UCF and the death of USF. Why would any kid being recruited by both schools choose USF anymore? This program failed to capitalize on the early momentum. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

USFF.jpg

I'd pound both... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bull Nut said:

I'd pound both... 

Well the first you can pound into next week, and the second you can pound into some lumpy kind of dough that should only be left out for wild animals to eat.