• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

well said.

we need the players and it will take time.

no coach is going to come in here and revolutionize college football with some scheme that allows a roster devoid of talent to turn into a juggernaut.

Paging Dr. Puc...Dr.Puc...you're needed.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

well said.

we need the players and it will take time.

no coach is going to come in here and revolutionize college football with some scheme that allows a roster devoid of talent to turn into a juggernaut.

No one expects to be a juggernaut but it is reasonable to have an expectation that an offense would exist and maybe just maybe have improvement over the offense that barely existed last season.

7 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Ugh, same thing applies as did the past few weeks. Yes, I expected a win today. Yes, I am disappointed. But former CCS really left us with less in the cupboard than CSH did. Declaring the death of the program is pathetic, hyperbolic, and barely worth acknowledgement. GTFO with your toxicity. We suck. Chop down rebuilds are always hard years and processes. It will take time, and we don't need your poor fansmanship dragging the rest of us down after tough losses.

Why exactly would we decide to chop all the way down to where we get smoked by ECU instead of just down to the part where we smoked ECU? There is no reason to have an expectation of winless in FBS and that it is on the horizon is what is building the toxicity. CJS was hired to make things better and the minimum standard should be to start displaying that better.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

19 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Paging Dr. Puc...Dr.Puc...you're needed.

I feel sorry for that guy. He's like the middle school gym teacher who was the high school QB that dated the head cheer leader. He will never find a love as good as Jim Leavitt

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

I feel sorry for that guy. He's like the middle school gym teacher who was the high school QB that dated the head cheer leader. He will never find a love as good as Jim Leavitt

That's why he "chokes it" at home every Friday night. He just imagines a tight CJL grip and goes to town.

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No one expects to be a juggernaut but it is reasonable to have an expectation that an offense would exist and maybe just maybe have improvement over the offense that barely existed last season.

He didn't recruit these players. He's had almost no time to teach them a new system. This was our 3rd game. Generally in a total rebuild things get worse before they get better

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

He didn't recruit these players. He's had almost no time to teach them a new system. This was our 3rd game. Generally in a total rebuild things get worse before they get better

CWT's first year should be proof enough.

Just now, brybull1970 said:

CWT's first year should be proof enough.

it's the players that win in college football. not the x's and o's.

nobody was going to come in here and turn things around right away with the roster we have.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it's the players that win in college football. not the x's and o's.

nobody was going to come in here and turn things around right away with the roster we have.

Smooth brains won't listen, but this is where we are at coming into this season. This rebuild was ALWAYS going to take 3-4 seasons... CCS ran off basically a whole recruiting class and wasn't exactly lighting it up on the trail. This roster needs a complete overhaul and no matter how much some want that, it will take years. 

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Not a single coach comes into a situation where they recruited the players they will be coaching and this team has far more talent than it has displayed (as demonstrated by our performance game over game last season). The last coaching staff won a term worthy 4 games last season (they could have won at least 6 if they could get out of their own way) and yet this coaching staff has a run rate towards winning a single FCS game. If your system requires years instead of months to implement and can only be ran successfully by the smallest sub segment of players then it is a bad system and won which is a fulls errand   as Weis will not be here after next season and be able to even see it to fruition before it’s time for the next coach to come in and require “his guys”. I know it’s not apples to apples but when I come up with something to make things better than what I have identified as a problem part of how I determine if I’m going the right direction is how quickly I’m able to get the average person to do better than the old way following the new process. If your system is too dependent on people and requires too much time to train the problem lies more in the system and the training than it does in the people.