• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We definitely made the wrong decision!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, feardabull2 said:

I'm not inclined to bury a coaching staff three games into a regime with their two losses being on the road against top-15 opponents.  I want to see how the team progresses throughout the year.

Thats just me tho

That's not how it works at TBP.

thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.gif

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

13 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

You can thanks our prior HC for that. None of this is on CJS. Now if he was mismanaging the clock, making poor personnel decisions, poor play calling, had players running around committing crimes then those are fine to hold him accountable for. It's way too early in his tenure and in his coaching career to start that non-sense.

Don't make me out to be the reasonable one.

Didn't blame CJS, simply stated my perceived fact. CJS has said several times that we had some real play makers at the skill positions. Other than two undersized RB's I have not seen one. We have FOUR QB's that can't make basic throws and WR's that can't get open. We have an OC that wants to run those 2 undersized RB's into a D-line where our O-line can't move anybody.

But, then again, I guess we were picked last in the conference for a reason.

Just wait till next year... AGAIN

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We have yet to have the full 1st team offense and out there for a game. We're getting a lot of young guys experience right now but we need to get our best guys out there and let those units gel. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Cornada said:

When did we make a field goal, I can't remember?

It has not happened this year yet but when it does we are going to celebrate like it’s 1999,  it will be one for the ages.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

This is a very fair position to take and I am hopeful that you are right but we didn’t look improved against Citadel and that was because we were saving our offense for later, then we didn’t look improved against ND and that’s because we were out classed and then today we did worse against Cincinnati than last season because this season they are a top 20 team (ignore half the teams aren’t playing) and up next we play a team we waxed last season so improvement maybe difficult. There has been time to demonstrate some improvement and no one thought that we should have a better record at this moment but having something that could be mistaken for an offense shouldn’t be too much to ask. 

Cincy was 8 and 1 last year #21 in the country when we played them! Only lost was to Ohio st and Coach Bell’s Offense out coached them with our less talent. We just missed like 4 field goals and had a touchdown called back. Coach Bell has proven himself as a head coach at multiple schools and his offense after year 1 has always been top in the county. Instead we hired a head coach that didn’t even run or call the offense at Clemson. And a Oc that hasn’t done either also. You watch our offense and it’s so simple no one is ever running wide open like last year. (Qb banged up and couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat) vs a fcs team last year we scored like 55 with Mcloud. This year we couldn’t even throw a pass. 

Also Bell played without Johnny ford  most the season. Who was by far the best player on our team. Plus Barnett who came in vs smu vs our conference teams and was looking good. Just got hurt that game and was out the whole year. 

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Didn't blame CJS, simply stated my perceived fact. CJS has said several times that we had some real play makers at the skill positions. Other than two undersized RB's I have not seen one. We have FOUR QB's that can't make basic throws and WR's that can't get open. We have an OC that wants to run those 2 undersized RB's into a D-line where our O-line can't move anybody.

But, then again, I guess we were picked last in the conference for a reason.

Just wait till next year... AGAIN

One of those QBs (Fortin) is who he recruited and wanted here. Maybe just not a good talent evaluator. Because Fortin the guy he recruited isn’t even playing. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bullgrad84 said:

Cincy was 8 and 1 last year #21 in the country when we played them! Only lost was to Ohio st and Coach Bell’s Offense out coached them with our less talent. We just missed like 4 field goals and had a touchdown called back. Coach Bell has proven himself as a head coach at multiple schools and his offense after year 1 has always been top in the county. Instead we hired a head coach that didn’t even run or call the offense at Clemson. And a Oc that hasn’t done either also. You watch our offense and it’s so simple no one is ever running wide open like last year. (Qb banged up and couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat) vs a fcs team last year we scored like 55 with Mcloud. This year we couldn’t even throw a pass. 

Ya you lost me at KB, his entire career has been decades at a level just below HS. His salary at those places was about that of a position coach here and he produced a dreadful offense here that earned his firing. No one has ever seen the diamond in the rough that you would like to imagine he was and no one attempted to snatch him up as though he were actually wrongly discarded. He was fired for great cause (actually he never should have been called up to begin with) and the issue wasn’t that but that we never seem to learn what it actually takes to be successful here.

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Well, he isn't going to say they suck in public - that's coach-speak. And if he truly does believe that, he doesn't have a QB yet that can get the ball to those playmakers.

He recruited Fortin. That’s on CJS. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

You watch our offense and it’s so simple no one is ever running wide open like last year.

Maybe I was watching a replay of one of last years' games but yesterday I saw wrs running wide open and balls sailing over their head or bouncing 10 yards in front of them ...