• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 1 - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Good we came away I think mostly injury free, wet field and no turnovers for the offense and we got 3 turnovers.  Few penalties, good energy, ran over them with mostly our second string OL so didn't really need to pass that much I guess.  Citadel with that option is dangerous especially for a first opponent after a long offesason and it really wasn't a threat to score a TD it felt once they settled down in the first half.   I am looking forward to seeing this defense vs a more conventional offense.

Bad kicking we gotta do better in this dept.  McCloud still under pressure looked lost a few times curious to see more of the other quarterbacks.  

Ugly....ESPN was quite horrible 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Speaking of, Dollison looked great on that jet sweep.

That play in particular was a highlight for me because:

1) it was well executed 

2) reminded me that a USF offense can be both dynamic, creative, fun to watch and productive all at the same time

3) signaled that Coach Weiss may have a playbook that has progressed beyond 1978

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Good: by far our Punt returner...first game and Dollison fields the kick and..."Stands" all the way into the end zone..   Actually, what an alert play on his part. Nice to see our D making plays and getting after folks. Good thing the qb from Citadel threw some bad passes because their receivers had our backs beat. The O line. I think they did a good job filling in for the missing starters. 

Mediocre: I wont go to Bad re: McCloud. I saw some good points which spelled improvement but I'm just not sure he is a starting qb?? Johnson looked good but I'd like to see him in there as a starter and see how he does. The O seemed to settle down when he was in there but with Mc it had a fractured look. I'm not sure he see's receivers well?? 

All in all: It's a good win that provided some insight into what we might have which looks very improved and promising. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Good:  Team had great energy, tackling against a running team usually doesn't work in our favor.  

Bad: Offense - Unless we are hiding something against Notre Dame, I could see defenses stacking against us.  Citadel played very sloppy and I don't know how many other teams will gift us all of those terrible throws and special teams gaffes.

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Ugly....ESPN was quite horrible 

True I think I successfully watched 65% of the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

The good:  Some good looking running back plays and no McNeese State debut for Coach Scott.

The ugly, just about everything else about that game.  An opening game in bad weather in an empty stadium shown to world on a cable network only a slight technological cut above hand shadow puppets on a wall hardly makes for classic football nor entertainment.   It was a metaphor for our times.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

Are we, dare I say,

good?

Last night was pretty uplifting. This might not be a total rebuild after all.

Any win after what we have dealt with the past year and last year season is reason for celebration.

Good team?  Not ready to go there yet after beating Citadel. We know this is a transition/rebuild year.

But we look much better on defense and the team looks like they will play hard for CJS.  That is at least a start.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

With fewer games beign televised I assumed the pool of announcers would be of better quality. Never heard of those 2 guys and was shocked to learn that USF was still formulating their plan for fans to attend games. Need to call John tomorrow and ask why USF is misleading us ....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

With fewer games beign televised I assumed the pool of announcers would be of better quality. Never heard of those 2 guys and was shocked to learn that USF was still formulating their plan for fans to attend games. Need to call John tomorrow and ask why USF is misleading us ....

A lot of quality has diminished in the Zoom Meeting era.  People call it the New Normal LOL.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

GOOD - BULLS win! O-line playing 2nd string was serviceable in this game. Noah Johnson. RB's. Miller. The Citadel QB is NOT a passing QB.

BAD - The last minute of the first half, wr's were WIDE open.

UGLY - ESPN announcers.