• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Announces Social Justice Initiatives

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Many of these posts are despicable. 

The majority of the football players are black (African American).  It is highly likely that some of those players have faced discrimination.  It is also highly likely that they would support justice and equality because of their experiences or the experiences of family and friends.

Sorry that it offends some of you that they have decided to take a stance.  It is their right.  Some of you are OK with the players as long as they entertain you and play ball, but to have an opinion, now you are against the team.

Sorry, but the Confederacy lost.  The players are not slaves here to entertain you.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

4 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

We should be trashing Gilbert

This is something we can all get behind.

Keep in mind everyone, USF is a family.  Nothing but love.  Everyone is free to express their opinions but at the end of the day I don't see the point in trying to argue.  Everyone wants what is best whether you understand each other's perspective or not.  One could argue that the internet and social media has actually made the understanding worse.  

Now I will go back to one of the only precious few things I have left which is a football game with green and gold everywhere. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Any truth to the rumor that after being left off tv for Cambel and Georgia Something, playing in front of zero fans and struggling against the powerhouse Citadel BLM asked us to take off the stickers because we are damaging their brand?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Watch it. I made that argument a couple of weeks ago, and some people lost their minds and if they didn't have their white hood secure fastened it would have made a mess.

It's because the comments aren't out of line...people are pointing out that the BLM organization is a joke for a number of many different reasons...now that doesn't mean that those same people are for systematic racism..in fact they are not...the issue is when the BLM tag is used by the players when they (BLM) are driving other agendas not related to racism or at best best loosely related to racism...that was my point earlier...the BLM organization will tell you that all of their demands are valid...it is all under one movement though..now personally I realize where these kids are coming from (stopping racism) so it doesn't really bother me...however, I know the BLM organization is sitting back and eating this up...they feel this is their opportunity to drive their marxists agenda becaue if anyone calls them out for what they really are..they will be called a racist...or ignorant or many worse things...

• Upvote 3

Just now, brybull1970 said:

The narrative that has been created is that if you don't full-throatedly support BLM and everything they want then you are a racist.

We are living in a time of extreme positions.

Yes it's frustrating...you summed it up nicely...

Just now, brybull1970 said:

I try not to listen to it. I judge people based on their character and actions, not based on skin color. Beings racist is more a sign of laziness than anything else - they'd rather assume you are a certain way because they are too lazy to get to know the person.

Get to know them and then if you don't like them, then be hateful if that's how miserable you are.

Yep these kids are coming from a good place...so I'm good...but I get why people get so upset at BLM...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, DJBulls said:

It's because the comments aren't out of line...people are pointing out that the BLM organization is a joke for a number of many different reasons...now that doesn't mean that those same people are for systematic racism..in fact they are not...the issue is when the BLM tag is used by the players when they (BLM) are driving other agendas not related to racism or at best best loosely related to racism...that was my point earlier...the BLM organization will tell you that all of their demands are valid...it is all under one movement though..now personally I realize where these kids are coming from (stopping racism) so it doesn't really bother me...however, I know the BLM organization is sitting back and eating this up...they feel this is their opportunity to drive their marxists agenda becaue if anyone calls them out for what they really are..they will be called a racist...or ignorant or many worse things...

My exact feelings and why I feel upset and disgusted with the university for allowing and supporting that logo. The university is supposed to help educate and lead these kids, not play into and be associating with that race baiting, hateful and divisive organization. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The university is just trying to be on what they believe the right side of history is going to be. If the university was pro-BLM they would have joined the bandwagon earlier. Any organization hopping on the BLM bandwagon after George Floyd's death is just trying to look good.

I thought the walk they took was a few days after the incident. Also, they released a statement a few days after as well. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

22 hours ago, deters- said:

I'm fine with United, but they lost me at BLM. I watch to relax and get away from all the world's bs. Not to sit through athletes complaining about inequality. The same athletes who get into college based not on merit but being able to run fast and jump. If that isn't bias and privilege I don't know what is. BLM is a racist and violent movement. Its silent on the topic of black on black crime, black abortion rates and black fatherless rates. It's an organization that's quick to blame whitey for it's problems without having any accountability of ones own actions. I will never support that movement and any company, person or organization that supports it. Shame that after 21 years of tickets and attendance, this is how it ends for me. 

In a better world these same athletes shouldn't have to depend on being physically exceptional to get an education. 

America since its inception has been racist and violent. What makes the BLM any more so? Black on black crime isn't a thing. Neither is white on white crime, latinx on latinx, Asian on Asian...etc. Crimes happen in proximity. 

Let's not talk about a bundle of cells when America,  the richest nation in the world,  wont take care of the people who are here and treat them right.

You also can't talk about father-less homes without talking about the broken judicial system. The 'war on drugs' that preys upon communities of color and the social economically disadvantaged... You also should talk about father-less homes when you just got done complaining about abortion. 

"Whitey" has historically dirty hands. Read any history book that doesn't sugarcoat the story of our nation and stays away from "The southern apologist" strategy.  May I recommend "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander. To think the 'blame' is solely based on percieved race and not actual immoral laws and government backed lynchings is astonishing. 

It's extremely sad that you aren't willing to listen to people who are showing you a perspective different from your own. It's entirely possible that the truth you know is only your truth because of where you focused your vision. 

I hope and pray you don't leave this earth on the wrong side of history with such anger and bitterness in your heart. America is finally opening its eyes and your guy reaction is to run away and hide, saying everyone outside of your community who doesn't think like you is wrong. And you'd rather give up something you spent 20+ years loving, than to change your perspective. That says a lot about you and those like you. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, TromBull12 said:

In a better world these same athletes shouldn't have to depend on being physically exceptional to get an education. 

America since its inception has been racist and violent. What makes the BLM any more so? Black on black crime isn't a thing. Neither is white on white crime, latinx on latinx, Asian on Asian...etc. Crimes happen in proximity. 

Let's not talk about a bundle of cells when America,  the richest nation in the world,  wont take care of the people who are here and treat them right.

You also can't talk about father-less homes without talking about the broken judicial system. The 'war on drugs' that preys upon communities of color and the social economically disadvantaged... You also should talk about father-less homes when you just got done complaining about abortion. 

"Whitey" has historically dirty hands. Read any history book that doesn't sugarcoat the story of our nation and stays away from "The southern apologist" strategy.  May I recommend "The New Jim Crow" by Michelle Alexander. To think the 'blame' is solely based on percieved race and not actual immoral laws and government backed lynchings is astonishing. 

It's extremely sad that you aren't willing to listen to people who are showing you a perspective different from your own. It's entirely possible that the truth you know is only your truth because of where you focused your vision. 

I hope and pray you don't leave this earth on the wrong side of history with such anger and bitterness in your heart. America is finally opening its eyes and your guy reaction is to run away and hide, saying everyone outside of your community who doesn't think like you is wrong. And you'd rather give up something you spent 20+ years loving, than to change your perspective. That says a lot about you and those like you. 

In college I volunteered at an after school program for a charter middle school where most students were living in government housing, the student demographic was about 80-90% minorities. So I’ve walked the walk and have witnessed the challenges in these communities first hand. I played basketball with the kids and went to a block party in a government housing project, to try to be a good role model for kids, some of whom had dads in jail. 

If these rioters and protesters wanted to help things they would be doing the same, instead they have a small army of rioters and they just harass businesses and other innocent people who are trying to live peacefully. 

If it was about really helping a community and not about just burning down capitalism, people would be willing listen. BLM the organization doesn’t have any solutions. Their solution is to just stir up hate along racial lines and raise money for democrat politicians. All of the money raised by BLM goes to Act Blue which is just a democrat fundraising group. It’s a purely political organization. They’ve collected hundreds of millions in donations and they could be building schools, resource centers, health clinics, funding free tutoring and job training programs, but they aren’t doing that. They are just a pass through to democrat campaigns.

And those who disagree with the violence and dislike the BLM organization because of it do care about these issues, but just disagree on the solutions, and are not going to support violent revolutionaries that will take this country down the path of tyranny. 

• Upvote 2