• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics Announces Social Justice Initiatives

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you'll go back and check, the "they're" I'm referring to there is USF, not BLM ...

United Against Logo

Isnt there going to be BLM stickers on USF helmets? This is why we are discussing BLM being political. I'm fully supportive of this right here. If they put this on the helmets I'm happy. Put BLM on and I'm no longer a fan because its politics I disagree with. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

Isnt there going to be BLM stickers on USF helmets? This is why we are discussing BLM being political. I'm fully supportive of this right here. If they put this on the helmets I'm happy. Put BLM on and I'm no longer a fan because its politics I disagree with. 

If you think USF put those stickers on there as a political statement rather than a societal one, knock yourself out.

The only thing Frisco has gotten right on this thread is that it's gameday and enough of the "politics". I'll just leave the thread with an earlier Quote that sums up perfectly my thoughts on this:

19 hours ago, WhaddaBunchaBull said:

I guess I choose to believe that our student athletes are not thugs or terrorists, as the BLM organization is portrayed, and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are looking for genuine ways to bring their concerns out into the open.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Martha Stewart is dropping a cbd line of products. Maybe some of y’all can find an edible and chill out.

animation hands GIF by Julie Winegard

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

If you think USF put those stickers on there as a political statement rather than a societal one, knock yourself out.

The only thing Frisco has gotten right on this thread is that it's gameday and enough of the politics. I'll just leave the thread with an earlier Quote that sums up perfectly my thoughts on this:

I think it's pretty basic that if you directly label a known political organization on your uniform, that means you are supporting all it comes with. I've spelled it out for you in so many different ways how it isnt neutral at all, but you only dont care because you fully agree with them. Frisco was right about you. Completely hypocritical. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

Welp, I come back to the 'pen after a few days off, see this thread, read the first 3 or 4 posts and skipped to the end.  Don't know what was said after those first few but don't think this belongs on the main board. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Why anyone would let political views they disagree with get in the way of their enjoyment of sports is beyond me.

Edited by OnTheBus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Why anyone would let political views they disagree with get in the way of their enjoyment of sports is beyond me.

This! Further, why come on the board and continue to argue about it? What is your goal? Getting attention? Trying to change people’s minds? None of that is happening. If you don’t like it contact USF Athletics. Instead, these people are pissing on our game day...one in which we waited months for. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This! Further, why come on the board and continue to argue about it? What is your goal? Getting attention? Trying to change people’s minds? None of that is happening. If you don’t like it contact USF Athletics. Instead, these people are pissing on our game day...one in which we waited months for. 

These days, people actively look for a reason to be offended, to justify and amplify their own personal opinions which they consider morally superior. And it doesn't matter what you are arguing for/against at this point. People from across the political spectrum do this. And even on topics outside politics entirely. This is simply the discourse in 2020. People want to complain. They feel legitimized by it.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

These days, people actively look for a reason to be offended, to justify and amplify their own personal opinions which they consider morally superior. And it doesn't matter what you are arguing for/against at this point. People from across the political spectrum do this. And even on topics outside politics entirely. This is simply the discourse in 2020. People want to complain. They feel legitimized by it.

You get it my friend...great post! 🤘🤘🤘