• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TB Lightning

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Philly looks like the real deal.  Its going to be a war on Saturday between the Bolts and Flyers.

I still can't count out Boston or Washington, maybe even Carolina.  They can turn it on at any time and win a series against the Lightning.  We are going to be on top of our game.  Vassy has let in a few loose goals, needs to clean that up quick.

Saturday will be the true test to see where the bolts are. As far as Boston, Washington, and Carolina those teams could give the lightning trouble but out of those 3 the most concerning to me is Washington. The one disadvantage the lightning will have in round 1 is they are not used to playoff hockey while however they play would have just played a 5 game series of playoff hockey. It will all depend on the matchup

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,545
  • Days Won:  423

11 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Saturday will be the true test to see where the bolts are. As far as Boston, Washington, and Carolina those teams could give the lightning trouble but out of those 3 the most concerning to me is Washington. The one disadvantage the lightning will have in round 1 is they are not used to playoff hockey while however they play would have just played a 5 game series of playoff hockey. It will all depend on the matchup

Never know how things will play out but regardless of how Saturday's game is, the Bolts haven't skated thru this round robin part and have had to scrap to win both games .... with the physicality appearing to be above last year. Still trying to figure out if it would be the best thing or the worst thing to play CBJ in the "opening" round.

Guest Jonesy Bull
48 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Tomorrow's game against Philly will be like a real playoff game, so I'm not totally worried about them being ready.  This round was against the top 4 teams in the leaque and Philly right now is on top of their game.  But I get your point, its not the same as playing a true playoff series.

Guest Jonesy Bull
32 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Never know how things will play out but regardless of how Saturday's game is, the Bolts haven't skated thru this round robin part and have had to scrap to win both games .... with the physicality appearing to be above last year. Still trying to figure out if it would be the best thing or the worst thing to play CBJ in the "opening" round.

I don't want CBJ in the first round, they already have confidence that they can take us out, and add that with a playoff series win and Coach Torts - NO THANKS!

Lets beat Philly and then I think we get Montreal or the Islanders which would be fine with me.

The one team I would like to avoid at all cost is Columbus. If i remember correct the #1 seed gets the lowest remaining seed from round 1 so if Montreal beats Pittsburg that would mean if the lightning win tomorrow they would get Montreal. The Lightning lost 2 of 3 to the islanders but I would still prefer Islanders or Montreal to either Carolina or Columbus.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 8/6/2020 at 3:02 PM, puc86 said:

He is not on the team but maybe in the future if you get your wish and we lose in the first round.

Who?

OK Puc, I know I've given you shi_ about Pittsburgh, and it was really just in good fun back and forth.  But it does suck that your Pens lost to the Canadiens.....Montreal fans are very annoying and obnoxious.....you can always jump on the Tampa Bay bandwagon!  We have room for ya, espcially cause you are part of our USF family!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

OK Puc, I know I've given you shi_ about Pittsburgh, and it was really just in good fun back and forth.  But it does suck that your Pens lost to the Canadiens.....Montreal fans are very annoying and obnoxious.....you can always jump on the Tampa Bay bandwagon!  We have room for ya, espcially cause you are part of our USF family!

I would rather watch soccer than cheer for the Lightning, hopefully we get lucky and get the number one pick for this loss which would be worth it in the long run because as you pointed out this team wasn’t winning the cup.

Columbus just completely melted down. Will be interesting if they can recover from it.

Columbus blows a 3-0 lead with under 4 minutes left and loses in ot. Game 5 sunday 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

On 8/7/2020 at 6:33 PM, puc86 said:

I would rather watch soccer than cheer for the Lightning, hopefully we get lucky and get the number one pick for this loss which would be worth it in the long run because as you pointed out this team wasn’t winning the cup.

Good lord haven’t you guys fulfilled your century quota for great players with a first pick draft? No way you win the first pick. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull