• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TB Lightning

Guest Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And I have to say I understand completely for cheering on the home team. Trust me, I get a lot of grief up here about not being a Bruins and patriots fan. 

Well you can expalin it to them the same way you did to me, and if you feel so inclined you could make the Boston teams secondary team to root for.  Unless you have a hatred for them.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And I have to say I understand completely for cheering on the home team. Trust me, I get a lot of grief up here about not being a Bruins and patriots fan. 

BTW , don't want to ruin it for Triple, but what an exciting ending to that Lightning/Bruins game.

I don't know who won Triple, its a a 50/50 chance either way.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

BTW , don't want to ruin it for Triple, but what an exciting ending to that Lightning/Bruins game.

I don't know who won Triple, its a a 50/50 chance either way.

Haha. I just heard who won...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

46 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Cool NEB.....now that you explaned it to me, it all makes perfect sense why you went you went the direction you went...I only had a hard time understanding why folks in general don't stick with their home teams no matter what, thick or thin......but your story is a good example of why people have multiple interests,  I guess its called living life and the stories behind it....I get it...very cool, thanks for sharing!

If you move a lot, especially before the internet then it was tough to follow your previous team.  I lived in 10 states and went to 3 high schools in 3 different states, home is where you lay your head so i always bounced to the home team until I moved again. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

So how many OOC games will USF play this year?  I think we will focus on home games and so I'll say two.  :flagonthepost:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Cornada said:

So how many OOC games will USF play this year?  I think we will focus on home games and so I'll say two.  :flagonthepost:

No idea if you have a clue, but have always loved that ref, so you are probably right.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yes!!!!!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

If you move a lot, especially before the internet then it was tough to follow your previous team.  I lived in 10 states and went to 3 high schools in 3 different states, home is where you lay your head so i always bounced to the home team until I moved again. 

Good point. I can tell you the Internet makes it easy. I can remember living in Philadelphia and running to the public library on Mondays to read the Los Angeles times Sunday edition for any information about the Ram’s games. Looking back at that it almost seems comical.

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I lived in Tampa or the Ocala area (Lake Weir to be exact) almost my entire life.  So its been pretty easy to follow my Tampa Bay and USF teams the entire time.

Must have sucked in some ways to have to move all the time especially as a kid.  Once you get use to a group of friends at one place, then you have to start all over again somewhere else.

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Haha. I just heard who won...

Yeah, I'm sure he knows by now, so I don't think I'm ruining it for him.......Game winning goal with less than 2 minutes left, doesn't get much more exciting than that.  Take that Marchand and company!

Hope they can carry this winning into the actual playoff round (whoever they have to play) next week.  Think we have one more game on Saturday against Philly to decide seedings.  Should be winner gets the Number 1 seed.  But judging by last year, not sure if thats a curse or a good thing.