• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TB Lightning

Guest Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I lived there for four years. They are the worst. Even the children are **** faced by halftime talking trash. I love the fact the Flyers have not won the cup since 74. Hopefully it will be another 46 years before they win again. 

After this 3-0 run through the round robin by Philly and they way they played........I"m very concerned.  This is the type of team, tough forechecking, and excellent defensive philosopy, giving up their bodies to block shots, a better than expected goal tender to this point (I know that was a point of concern of yours).  The Lightning have a tough time with these types of teams.  I'm startng to wonder of the Lightning are just not built for true playoff hockey, which is a different animial.  

I'm still hopefull, and we did go 2-1, but this Hedman injury is potentially a devastating blow that if really bad, I hate to say will derail the Lightning for this season, once again.

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I lived there for four years. They are the worst. Even the children are **** faced by halftime talking trash. I love the fact the Flyers have not won the cup since 74. Hopefully it will be another 46 years before they win again. 

Teach em young to be complete degenerates.......we'll just call it simply the Philly Philosophy.

Who ever came up with the term "City of Brotherly love"  should have their head examined.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

After this 3-0 run through the round robin by Philly and they way they played........I"m very concerned.  This is the type of team, tough forechecking, and excellent defensive philosopy, giving up their bodies to block shots, a better than expected goal tender to this point (I know that was a point of concern of yours).  The Lightning have a tough time with these types of teams.  I'm startng to wonder of the Lightning are just not built for true playoff hockey, which is a different animial.  

I'm still hopefull, and we did go 2-1, but this Hedman injury is potentially a devastating blow that if really bad, I hate to say will derail the Lightning for this season, once again.

Yeah the Headman injury is bad if it’s long term. Let’s see how it plays out. Every year the playoffs are a wild ride and this year it could even be wilder. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah the Headman injury is bad if it’s long term. Let’s see how it plays out. Every year the playoffs are a wild ride and this year it could even be wilder. 

The news on Hedman this morning, although nothing definititive does not sound good.  Ths signs point to a some type of ankle or leg sprain, maybe worse, which takes weeks if not months to heal.....this is a HUGE blow.  Anything can happen yes.  Other players can step up, but once again huge injuries to arguably our best 2 players will screw over the Lightning once again.  It sucks, I've been waiting for months for some sports excitement and now this.

At least the Rays beat the Yankees 2 out of 3 so far this weekend.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,330
  • Days Won:  25

58 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The news on Hedman this morning, although nothing definititive does not sound good.  Ths signs point to a some type of ankle or leg sprain, maybe worse, which takes weeks if not months to heal.....this is a HUGE blow.  Anything can happen yes.  Other players can step up, but once again huge injuries to arguably our best 2 players will screw over the Lightning once again.  It sucks, I've been waiting for months for some sports excitement and now this.

Maybe they are super heroes related to Mr. Glass? Hedman and Stamkos always find a way to get hurt. It sucks for them and for the team.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

Guest Jonesy Bull
41 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Maybe they are super heroes related to Mr. Glass? Hedman and Stamkos always find a way to get hurt. It sucks for them and for the team.

Yes they do, and at the worst possible time....this team seems cursed.....but I will try to keep a positive attitude and watch the games and hope for the best.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I thought it might be bad based on how pissed off he was when he left the ice. Major blow for Lightning. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

And then get your butt kicked Saturday night. Rough few days for the Bolts. Playoffs start soon. Let's GO!!!!!!!!

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

And then get your butt kicked Saturday night. Rough few days for the Bolts. Playoffs start soon. Let's GO!!!!!!!!

Its going to be against the Maple Leafs or Blue Jackets depending on who wins tonight.  I haven't checked if they have announced the dates yet.

Either way, we are going to have our hands full no with No Stamkos or Hedman.  UGH!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Lightning to face Columbus. Game 1 tuesday at 3 pm