• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how many conservatives

CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The Great Recession showed that a supply side stimulus will not work, so the first coronavirus stimulus will fail. We need demand to make the market work, so money needs to go to consumers. If you only give money to corporations with no strings they will just pass it on in the form of dividends and executive pay, and they will cut their workforce’s. The 1,200 most folks are getting is not going to be enough for a protracted shelter in place, like we are going through. Some countries have approved temporary reoccurring payments for the next couple of months that far exceeds the unemployment many are getting. This pandemic could turn out to be an interesting ubi, universal basic income, experiment. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 4/6/2020 at 7:01 PM, Roaming Bull said:

The Great Recession showed that a supply side stimulus will not work, so the first coronavirus stimulus will fail. We need demand to make the market work, so money needs to go to consumers. If you only give money to corporations with no strings they will just pass it on in the form of dividends and executive pay, and they will cut their workforce’s. The 1,200 most folks are getting is not going to be enough for a protracted shelter in place, like we are going through. Some countries have approved temporary reoccurring payments for the next couple of months that far exceeds the unemployment many are getting. This pandemic could turn out to be an interesting ubi, universal basic income, experiment. 

what a sad situation

life as we know it will be so different for the next year or two

i think big time sports will be seriously hurt,...... no money for advertising-----people will not be spending money on games 

concerts will be hurt

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, East lake bull said:

I'm also invested in the market so I'm certainly not anti-corporation ,I just want them to pay a higher rate on taxes a  more fair rate .

amen

they dont pay their fair share

so much corporate welfare

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Well, I have joined the 20+ million unemployed thanks to this overreaction.  I'm in a low risk category, but somehow my quality of life or future doesn't matter to my fellow citizens.  Who cares, right?  For my CNN Corporation tells me so.  Sounds like a great plan to lock everyone in their houses equally when most of the highest risk people aren't working to begin with.  And no my old job wont be back because the company is flailing to survive now.  No government handout is going to compete with what I can do on my own.  It's possible that salary hits could set me back years, but I still have marketability.  

We'll see!  I think this whole situation proves how ineffective large bureaucracies are (Democrat, Republican, or Corporate).  I hope young people can wake up.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Sorry to hear @Rocky Style, I sure hope you can recover quickly.  Keep your head up.

This situation shows us a lot.  The Dems out of their disfavor for Trump demand that "Scientists" aka Doctors make the decisions.  What doctor is going to make a decision that results in a single death?  Doctors didn't run WWII thankfully.  Sometimes you have to accept there are casualties but you must achieve the greater good.  What we are trying to do is kill a virus by draconian methods that will lead to a significant impact to many, many more.  The medical viewpoint is that there will be millions jobless and poor, but fewer deaths.

Sorry to hear about your case....this is spreading across the country.  The talking heads - all of which are talking because they are getting paid  should shut up.  Trump needs to move forward with action.   And if the partisan crap can cease until we get America working again, that would be nice.  But no, there will be thousands if not millions of Americans impacted by the shenanigans of this country's political class.  Stop paying those bastards for starters.  Fund the small business effort with their salaries.  Maybe levy a politician tax.  See if that helps.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

32 minutes ago, Brad said:

Trump needs to move forward with action.

First action should be to shut his ******* Twitter account down .....

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

And if the partisan crap can cease until we get America working again, that would be nice.

See above action ...

• Upvote 2

Yeah, maybe you don't watch the news or read twitter outside of Trump's.

His twitter account has long been discussed.  Many believe he should stop tweeting or only tweet pictures of himself at Gay Pride parades.  He's his own person and isn't going to bow to media pressure.  I think he hurts himself with twitter, but that's his prerogative.  The fact that his twitter foments such hate from the other side is not good enough reason for them not to do what is in best interest of their constituents and the country.  They need to make the goal of destroying Trump second or third on the agenda for a few months.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

46 minutes ago, Brad said:

Yeah, maybe you don't watch the news or read twitter outside of Trump's.

His twitter account has long been discussed.  Many believe he should stop tweeting or only tweet pictures of himself at Gay Pride parades.  He's his own person and isn't going to bow to media pressure.  I think he hurts himself with twitter, but that's his prerogative.  The fact that his twitter foments such hate from the other side is not good enough reason for them not to do what is in best interest of their constituents and the country.  They need to make the goal of destroying Trump second or third on the agenda for a few months.

Yeah, rarely watch the news ...... and don't read Trump's Twitter unless see it in a reference and go to check it out, thinking he can't be this ******* clueless as a time like this. The (liberal part of the) media is almost just as much to blame as he is. Almost because he is the leader of this country, ALL of this country, and doing **** like he did today with the egging on of a knuckledragging portion of his supporters protesting in Democratic governed states just further illustrates he's an embarrassment to what that office is supposed to represent. Besides, he's got his own propaganda wing of the media, headed up by FoxNews, to get whatever points he wants get across outside the "evil" part of the media. Someone needs to rise out of the gutter when it comes to his war with the (liberal part of the) media in these special times. The media never rises out of it so you'd hope it would be the one supremely tasked with the welfare of this country.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, rarely watch the news ...... and don't read Trump's Twitter unless see it in a reference and go to check it out, thinking he can't be this ******* clueless as a time like this.

You really should look at more twitter...like Pelosi downplaying COVID and inviting everybody to come down to ChinaTown.  You'll find there is not much difference.  Even look up Joe Biden.  That should scare you more than anything.  

We're screwed as a country.  This maligned media (and in recent years, maligned owners of new technology like Twitter/Facebook) have made it even worse.  There were disgusting attacks on Reagan through Trump.  Fueled by media supported by ignorant people.

The news is a commodity.  Fox plays it closer to Republicans and CNN/MSNBC to the Democrats.  They are brazenly open about it.   They package the controversy and sell it. It may never happen that their is a unifying president in this country.  EVER.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,334
  • Days Won:  10

47 minutes ago, Brad said:

It may never happen that their is a unifying president in this country.  EVER.

Not as long as the political process is one that viewed as either won or lost.  We have plenty of politicians, but what went extinct is Statesmen.  One of the last ones to come to mind is Sam Nunn.  We need someone with a characteristic that most of this country apparently finds abhorrent - moderation.  I'd have gone Kasich last time but as an NPA I don't get to vote in any primaries.  We need a calm, reasoned, balanced person who is willing to listen and adapt.

• Upvote 1