• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how many conservatives

CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

22 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

We need someone with a characteristic that most of this country apparently finds abhorrent - moderation.  

You are probably right and the left realized this in the past and probably will in the future election.  The RNC tried to ram a couple rhinos through in 08 and 12 with McCain and Romney, and failed miserably because they were establishment whores.  The DNC is doing the same thing with Biden and did with HRC.  I agree with Brad that there will never be another unifying president because there are too many people that rely on us staying divided. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,536
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Brad said:

You really should look at more twitter...like Pelosi downplaying COVID and inviting everybody to come down to ChinaTown.  You'll find there is not much difference.  Even look up Joe Biden.  That should scare you more than anything.  

We're screwed as a country.  This maligned media (and in recent years, maligned owners of new technology like Twitter/Facebook) have made it even worse.  There were disgusting attacks on Reagan through Trump.  Fueled by media supported by ignorant people.

The news is a commodity.  Fox plays it closer to Republicans and CNN/MSNBC to the Democrats.  They are brazenly open about it.   They package the controversy and sell it. It may never happen that their is a unifying president in this country.  EVER.

Can't disagree at all with your 2nd and 3rd paragraphs ..........sadly. The first, not so much. There's a helluvalot difference in what Pelosi and Biden did, which we could debate but I'll give them to you, in quantity and scope with what Trump did and didn't do in regards to the early months of this crisis. The biggest difference, however, is that as our President, and with all the resources he has access to, he should have been making more informed decisions a lot earlier ...... and I'm not talking about shutting things down but making sure the country was prepared as possible from a medical standpoint if this thing did blow up. I've seen no indication he did that in those early months but maybe it's out there.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,998
  • Days Won:  469

You won't find any evidence of him doing anything if you watch and read certain outlets.  Watch them all and you can get both sides.

Most of the coverage at the time was on his impeachment...over the Russians I think.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brad said:

You won't find any evidence of him doing anything if you watch and read certain outlets.  Watch them all and you can get both sides.

Most of the coverage at the time was on his impeachment...over the Russians I think.

I base my opinions on what he himself directly says and a little background stuff from a couple of the evil parts of the media, trying to stay with things I can substantiate. If there's info in other places that substantiate he was focusing early on on the country's medical infrastucture and not just banning travel, while downplaying the virus, I'm truly open to looking at it.

I do see on twitter where he allegedly took no action, allegedly considered it a hoax, allegedly wants to kill Americans, how he allegedly loves the economy more than Americans and allegedly he is a threat to our constitution.  I've heard some reporters insert race into this, deep partisanship and complaints about why the Federal Govt didn't have more ventilators.   

December 31: China reports the discovery of the coronavirus to the World Health Organization.

January 3: CDC Director Robert Redfield sent an email to the director of the Chinese CDC, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus.

January 5: CDC Director Redfield sent another email to the Chinese CDC Director, George Gao, formally offering to send U.S. experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak,

January 6: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a travel notice for Wuhan, China due to the spreading coronavirus.

January 7: The CDC established a coronavirus incident management system to better share and respond to information about the virus.

January 11: The CDC issued a Level I travel health notice for Wuhan, China.

January 17: The CDC began implementing public health entry screening at the 3 U.S. airports that received the most travelers from Wuhan – San Francisco, New York JFK, and Los Angeles.

January 20: Dr. Fauci announces the National Institutes of Health is already working on the development of a vaccine for the coronavirus.

January 21: The CDC activated its emergency operations center to provide ongoing support to the coronavirus response.

January 23: The CDC sought a “special emergency authorization” from the FDA to allow states to use its newly developed coronavirus test.

January 27: President Trump tweeted that he made an offer to President Xi Jinping to send experts to China to investigate the coronavirus outbreak.

January 27: The CDC issued a level III travel health notice urging Americans to avoid all nonessential travel to China due to the coronavirus.

January 27: The White House Coronavirus Task Force started meeting to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President. 

January 29: The White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President. 

January 31: The Trump Administration:

• Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.

• Announced Chinese travel restrictions.

• Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

January 31: The Department of Homeland Security took critical steps to funnel all flights from China into just 7 domestic U.S. airports.

February 3: The CDC had a team ready to travel to China to obtain critical information on the novel coronavirus, but were in the U.S. awaiting permission to enter by the Chinese government.

February 2: The CDC expanded enhanced entry screening to eight major airports across the nation.

February 4: President Trump vowed in his State of the Union Address to “take all necessary steps” to protect Americans from the coronavirus.

February 5: The Trump Administration and health officials briefed lawmakers on the Federal Government's coronavirus response efforts.

February 6: The CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to U.S. and international labs.

February 7: President Trump told reporters that the CDC is working with China on the coronavirus. 

February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National Governors’ Association Meeting in Washington.

February 11: The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) expanded a partnership with Janssen Research & Development to “expedite the development” of a coronavirus vaccine.

February 12: The U.S. shipped test kits for the 2019 novel coronavirus to approximately 30 countries who lacked the necessary reagents and other materials.

February 12: The CDC was prepared to travel to China but had yet to receive permission from the Chinese government.

February 14: The CDC began working with five labs to conduct “community-based influenza surveillance” to study and detect the spread of coronavirus.

February 18: HHS announced it would engage with Sanofi Pasteur in an effort to quickly develop a coronavirus vaccine and to develop treatment for coronavirus infections.

February 22: A WHO team of international experts arrives in Wuhan, China.

February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.

Febraury 25: HHS Secretary Azar testified before the Senate HELP committee on the Administration's coronavirus response efforts.

February 26: President Trump discussed coronavirus containment efforts with Indian PM Modi and updated the press on his Administration’s containment efforts in the U.S. during his state visit to India.

February 29: The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) allowed certified labs to develop and begin testing coronavirus testing kits while reviewing pending applications.

February 29: The Trump Administration:

• Announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea.

• Barred all travel to Iran.

• Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days.

March 3: The CDC lifted federal restrictions on coronavirus testing to allow any American to be tested for coronavirus, “subject to doctor’s orders.”

March 3: The White House announced President Trump donated his fourth quarter salary to fight the coronavirus.

March 4: The Trump Administration announced the purchase of approximately 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.

March 4: Secretary Azar announced that HHS was transferring $35 million to the CDC to help state and local communities that have been impacted most by the coronavirus.

March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak.

Appreciate all that research but not sure much of it negates my contention "If there's info in other places that substantiate he was focusing early on on the country's medical infrastucture and not just banning travel, while downplaying the virus, I'm truly open to looking at it." I assume you're equating the CDC with him and there's not much doubt they were taking it very serious early on. And maybe behind the scenes he was really pushing about the infrastructure, testing/equipment/etc, but the feeling I had when I listened to his public persona was that he thought the isolation was going to do the trick. Again, like you said, I obviously didn't see everything out of him at that time so maybe I missed a lot but, like a lot of things political, you and I will just have to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

but the feeling I had when I listened to his public persona was that he thought the isolation was going to do the trick.

With all due respect, that’s the first time I’ve heard that allegation.  That’s pretty out there that anyone could think that social distancing was intended to do anything other than slow the spread.  Deaths would be so much higher if so.  

It’s not a political difference. It’s individuals choosing to believe what they want.  Not fact based, emotion based.  Again, spend time on twitter.   Some real nuts out there.  

6 hours ago, Brad said:

With all due respect, that’s the first time I’ve heard that allegation.  That’s pretty out there that anyone could think that social distancing was intended to do anything other than slow the spread.  Deaths would be so much higher if so.  

Isolation wasn't referring to social distancing but to travel bans. Did social distancing even come into play those first couple of months:"If there's info in other places that substantiate he was focusing early on on the country's medical infrastucture and not just banning travel, while downplaying the virus, I'm truly open to looking at it."

7 hours ago, Brad said:

It’s not a political difference. It’s individuals choosing to believe what they want.  Not fact based, emotion based.  Again, spend time on twitter.   Some real nuts out there.

It is a political difference when we choose to believe what we want based on political views and no need to spend time on Twitter to know it's a cesspool, especially on the political front, and full of real nuts and no need to tell you who I think one of the most damaging nuts is.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Donald Trump GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,678
  • Days Won:  108

On 4/22/2020 at 5:16 PM, Roaming Bull said:

Donald Trump GIF

Lies.  Fake news.