• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how many conservatives

CousinRicky

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, East lake bull said:

We don't need smaller government,  we need better government. 

We need them both

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

Government’s ultimate goal is to grow unsustainably and convince people to continue to give up their freedoms in order to be supplied things they could handle better themselves, we do not require a Leviathan Mr Hobbes and we would be better off without the crushing hands of big government.

Just now, East lake bull said:

Survival of the fittest huh , no need to help the least among us , no need to protect the environment for future generations or repair failing infrastructure etc etc etc . How small should government be ,Haiti has a very small government.. A great country needs needs a robust efficient government , which this administration fails time after time . You and yours stay safe Puc .

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, East lake bull said:

Survival of the fittest huh , no need to help the least among us , no need to protect the environment for future generations or repair failing infrastructure etc etc etc . How small should government be ,Haiti has a very small government.. A great country needs needs a robust efficient government , which this administration fails time after time . You and yours stay safe Puc .

Man is born free yet everywhere he is in chains. You seem to think that only government can solve the most basic of necessities but that is not proven true in reality. People still have families that would be able to support them, charity still exists and even the most wealthy pledge their billions to helping the world (strangely none find the government most deserving of their dollars). If people had more decisions they could make with their dollars and they saw results people would be more willing to help as is proven with every natural disaster or pandemic. 

In our current situation the government is giving people back some of their money while giving more money to cooperations. At the time they are doing this companies and individuals are innovating ventilators and producing respirators. 

You mention infrastructure yet the best government roads are toll ones and are even being produced by companies because everything the government touches turns to crap. Charter schools get less per student yet yield better results. No one picks a public hospital if they have an option of a private one and even going to space has now proven cheaper and more accessible by the private sector. Look at how much money is given to the government every year and yet even things that were fully funded like retirement stands on the verge of collapse while private options flourish.

You see government as the solution to the worlds problems but I kindly ask for one thing they are doing better than any private attempt at taking over their failings. Just throw money at it has never been the solution because a fool and his money are soon parted and anyone wise enough to be making decisions isn’t doing so in the public sector.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

I'm trying to find a whole lot wrong with your post, puc.  All I can come up with are two things:

First, these corporations you refer to would not exist without the previous, government (you and me) funded research that enabled them to build upon.  Comparing one entity that started out cold and one that let the other sector do alot of the R&D and then run with it is not totally fair and sure makes the private sector look efficient.

Second, as East Lake Bull stated, part of the function of government is to care for those who can't.  Yes, family.  We agree.  But that doesn't really work for those citizens who need more than a family could offer.  My family could not train me to get back into the workforce after my disability.  But Voc Rehab did and I paid back many times over what the taxpayer invested in me.  There are many instances that charity organizations cannot help enough.  Having served in a few, I believe that we need to take care of each other.  Government is one way that you look out for people like me.  Thanks, by the way! 👍

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Man is born free yet everywhere he is in chains. You seem to think that only government can solve the most basic of necessities but that is not proven true in reality. People still have families that would be able to support them, charity still exists and even the most wealthy pledge their billions to helping the world (strangely none find the government most deserving of their dollars). If people had more decisions they could make with their dollars and they saw results people would be more willing to help as is proven with every natural disaster or pandemic. 

In our current situation the government is giving people back some of their money while giving more money to cooperations. At the time they are doing this companies and individuals are innovating ventilators and producing respirators. 

You mention infrastructure yet the best government roads are toll ones and are even being produced by companies because everything the government touches turns to crap. Charter schools get less per student yet yield better results. No one picks a public hospital if they have an option of a private one and even going to space has now proven cheaper and more accessible by the private sector. Look at how much money is given to the government every year and yet even things that were fully funded like retirement stands on the verge of collapse while private options flourish.

You see government as the solution to the worlds problems but I kindly ask for one thing they are doing better than any private attempt at taking over their failings. Just throw money at it has never been the solution because a fool and his money are soon parted and anyone wise enough to be making decisions isn’t doing so in the public sector.

5 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

I am not sure how to respond to this 

1 minute ago, East lake bull said:

So what kind of assistance are you and other 'individuals' offering to our neighbors in Tampa Bay , so I can get involved with you? I know a few bartenders , hairdressers , waitresses, dental hygienists , store clerks etc etc etc that could use ' individuals ' help. I still think together through our taxes we will do much more .Keep me posted I'm available. 

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am not sure how to respond to this 

I was speechless. 

12 minutes ago, East lake bull said: