• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don’t forget about that other dude in the XFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I thought the same thing. Defenders....Guardians....Dragons....can't believe they couldn't do better than that for team names. Will be interesting to see if this league makes it to year two...

Here's your answer... This weekend is the most interesting this league will ever be. Call your three biggest football friends and ask them how much XFL they watched.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Oh **** it XFL weekend? And here I’m playing Madden until the Clippers game starts....

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Here's your answer... This weekend is the most interesting this league will ever be. Call your three biggest football friends and ask them how much XFL they watched.

The arena league hung around for awhile, but these types of leagues are lucky to last 2 or 3 years, and almost always end up losing tons of money. Don't see why anyone would even try it at this point.

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Kind of stinks he only got in on a 4th and 15 play at the end of the game when the starter got hurt.  Hopefully, Flowers gets in for some plays.  From watching the games today, most teams have stuck with the starter all game.  I've watched the two games today and it looks better than I expected. 

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ve watched too... not bad football at all. Beats watching NBA or car racing...

I'm only on the 1st page of this thread.  Not sure if I'll continue because I turned it off after watching the 1st half of the 1st game.  Good football?  These QBs made Jordan McCloud look accurate.  Missing by 10 yards or more. And the offensive lines looked about as good as ours.   Maybe it got better in the 2nd half.  Haven't watched the 2nd game yet. Is it worth watching?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm only on the 1st page of this thread.  Not sure if I'll continue because I turned it off after watching the 1st half of the 1st game.  Good football?  These QBs made Jordan McCloud look accurate.  Missing by 10 yards or more. And the offensive lines looked about as good as ours.   Maybe it got better in the 2nd half.  Haven't watched the 2nd game yet. Is it worth watching?

I feel like this is one of those, if you have to ask you already know the answer situation. `I’m following this thread to see if Q gets in, otherwise the probably not worth it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The arena league hung around for awhile, but these types of leagues are lucky to last 2 or 3 years, and almost always end up losing tons of money. Don't see why anyone would even try it at this point.

Yep, arena league benefited from a much smaller roster, hence lower overhead.  Not enough revenue generated to ever cover the labor costs, travel, equipment, stadium lease etc...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If Q got time at QB I might show some interest.  If they were smart the leagues would have fan favorites from each particular teams area to help generate some interest.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If Q got time at QB I might show some interest.  If they were smart the leagues would have fan favorites from each particular teams area to help generate some interest.  

I think this is a good idea as well, but this was tried by the AAF, and they didn't last through one complete season. No matter what new ideas they come up with, it's second-rate football, and that's hard to overcome.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/12/aaf-will-allocate-players-by-region-to-keep-college-players-local/

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Q got one scripted play early, Murray is awful, happy feet, telegraphing throws that will get receivers killed and 2 bad picks.