• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

You guys need to relax, Clemson runs an RPO.  The QBs still run.  Fortin, has some wheels.

Thank You! The term "Pro-Style" is such an old school way of describing a QB now....rarely n college does a team not have a mobile QB. I saw plenty of RPO and scrambling with this kids video.

Not to mention his arm seems better than any other arm currently on the roster...

Edited by BiggTipp

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

And not to mention that a big reason our offense didn't "work" last season was our quarterback wasn't accurate enough to throw it in the ocean .....

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

Is it too early to anoint him the starter and predict he will break all of Blake's passing records?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

44 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Is it too early to anoint him the starter and predict he will break all of Blake's passing records?

Not for me. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

55 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not for me. 

Calibull in 3 .... 2.... 1 ......

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

This. Hopefully we are not looking back two seasons from now and saying I told you so. Hopefully this is just a smoke screen 

I mean, all some do on this board is look back.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Thank You! The term "Pro-Style" is such an old school way of describing a QB now....rarely n college does a team not have a mobile QB. I saw plenty of RPO and scrambling with this kids video.

Not to mention his arm seems better than any other arm currently on the roster...

Fortin's video of him vs VT and NCState show a lot. Kid is agile and wings the ball. Not afraid to run at all he looks solid.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Fortin's video of him vs VT and NCState show a lot. Kid is agile and wings the ball. Not afraid to run at all he looks solid.

His highlights looked good but I want to see the whole tape. Just by looking at the highlights though, he showed poise, accuracy, patience, scrambling ability and some read progression. His throwing motion was relatively clean too with good strength. Like all young QBs though, it all boils down if they can do everything or the majority mentioned above consistently while limiting turnovers. Time will tell but kid will certainly have a shot at starting. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, deters- said:

His highlights looked good but I want to see the whole tape. Just by looking at the highlights though, he showed poise, accuracy, patience, scrambling ability and some read progression. His throwing motion was relatively clean too with good strength. Like all young QBs though, it all boils down if they can do everything or the majority mentioned above consistently while limiting turnovers. Time will tell but kid will certainly have a shot at starting. 

Yeah but...How do you really assess him??  🙂

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

13 hours ago, puc86 said:

You only have one eye? That’s not anywhere in my notes.

13 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Since 1956.

image.png.6c503369241926e510522bf63a4e0431.png

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

Thank G-d we only retread the same failed system here over and over instead of rehiring the only coach that’s ever sustained success here. If you say the words pro style in your interview you should be disqualified from consideration and if you double down on it by saying people playing your system even if it’s not right for them is what’s going to happen because you aren’t changing we have a recipe for failure and a movie we have now seen more times than I can count. But hey he goes to lightning games and sounds like he drinks sweet tea so I’m sure this time it will all be different.

Ya. I'm not sure why we didn't rehire Taggart, but this guy seems good too.