• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, CPR said:

Pro style hu? That's been so successful here 😞.

I was thinking that myself. I’m not too hyped right now if we do indeed try the pro style offense again.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Thank G-d we only retread the same failed system here over and over instead of rehiring the only coach that’s ever sustained success here. If you say the words pro style in your interview you should be disqualified from consideration and if you double down on it by saying people playing your system even if it’s not right for them is what’s going to happen because you aren’t changing we have a recipe for failure and a movie we have now seen more times than I can count. But hey he goes to lightning games and sounds like he drinks sweet tea so I’m sure this time it will all be different.

This. Hopefully we are not looking back two seasons from now and saying I told you so. Hopefully this is just a smoke screen 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

At this point we need capable bodies.   Going into the season with Just McCloud, Rygol, and true frosh Jordan Smith (assuming he signs tomorrow) is no bueno.  

KJ was on twitter hinting that there are more coming...  

i agree bring everyone

let them compete

6 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Since 1956.

the year i was born and elvis had his break out song

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

Thank G-d we only retread the same failed system here over and over instead of rehiring the only coach that’s ever sustained success here. If you say the words pro style in your interview you should be disqualified from consideration and if you double down on it by saying people playing your system even if it’s not right for them is what’s going to happen because you aren’t changing we have a recipe for failure and a movie we have now seen more times than I can count. But hey he goes to lightning games and sounds like he drinks sweet tea so I’m sure this time it will all be different.

every system can work if you have the talented athletes coached by talented coaches

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, smazza said:

every system can work if you have the talented athletes coached by talented coaches

It is my belief based on what we have seen in USF football and the schemes ran in HS football that we will not get the recruits necessary to run a successful pro style system, mostly because of the offensive line.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You guys need to relax, Clemson runs an RPO.  The QBs still run.  Fortin, has some wheels.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It is my belief based on what we have seen in USF football and the schemes ran in HS football that we will not get the recruits necessary to run a successful pro style system, mostly because of the offensive line.

clemson has never had a dominant o-line. read up on their offense. like many have said they don't run a lot of plays with 5 and 7 step dropbacks expecting a pocket to form. they get the ball out quick to their athletes. you can't just say pro-style or spread without understanding there are nuances for both.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

When we use the term pro-style we have to consider that the Ravens pro-style is more like college. A few other pro teams are running a mix.  There are different pro-styles.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

clemson has never had a dominant o-line. read up on their offense. like many have said they don't run a lot of plays with 5 and 7 step dropbacks expecting a pocket to form. they get the ball out quick to their athletes. you can't just say pro-style or spread without understanding there are nuances for both.

54 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

When we use the term pro-style we have to consider that the Ravens pro-style is more like college. A few other pro teams are running a mix.  There are different pro-styles.

Everyone knows there are many forms of pro style offense, everyone knows that each coach has come in with the version that will be successful and everyone also knows that each attempt has failed miserably. Maybe this will be the one that pulls it all together but there is plenty of reasons for people to be skeptical.