• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

55 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not wowed by the players being brought in, but wowed by our stellar offensive play under CKB ...... :facepalm:

When did i say i was wowed by KB's offense? I said the players coming in are "solid". Thats a good compliment. Im not wowed now but Im assuming i can be wowed when they eventually play. I think thats how it usually goes.  Are you having a fanboy "offended" moment? Dont worry Im good with this hire. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

32 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

When did i say i was wowed by KB's offense? I said the players coming in are "solid". Thats a good compliment. Im not wowed now but Im assuming i can be wowed when they eventually play. I think thats how it usually goes.  Are you having a fanboy "offended" moment? Dont worry Im good with this hire. 

I'm not offended

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

So 24-25, 0-1 in bowl games, with no notable wins, while playing in a lower conference is better than 95-57, 3-2 in bowl games, with many big name wins, while constantly moving up in conferences?

9AAF8A49-9502-4BCC-9AF4-3DF7A81FEDDC.jpeg.ec2d705c57b5eeddc4acd7676d50c3a1.jpeg

CJL teams peaked early in the season then faded into oblivion. Like the protagonist of the classic short story the 80 yard run. All those big name wins, but where were we ranked at the end of the season and where are the trophies?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

CJL teams peaked early in the season then faded into oblivion. Like the protagonist of the classic short story the 80 yard run. All those big name wins, but where were we ranked at the end of the season and where are the trophies?

The trophies are in the basement of Cinderella Castle at Disney. I hear it’s surrounded by a case of Diet Pepsi and old articles written by Brett McMurphy. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

The old Big East was like the current SEC if you replaced Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and South Carolina with the '85 Bears, '72 Dolphins, '00 Washington Sentinels, and the '94 Little Giants. You shut your God **** mouth.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Even though he faced stiffer competition CJL has as many conference championships as all five coaches that have followed him combined.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The trophies are in the basement of Cinderella Castle at Disney. I hear it’s surrounded by a case of Diet Pepsi and old articles written by Brett McMurphy. 

I go to Disney a lot. I'll check them out.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

People forget how happy quite a bit of the fanbase was to get rid of Leavitt.  2007 was so exciting and so disappointing.  Rutgers, UConn, Cincy, and then getting embarrassed in El Paso.  

2008 was more of the same.  We started the season ranked.  Expectations were high.  Ranked #10 and a mediocre Pitt team beats us in our own house.  Started 5-0 then 6-1.  Ended at 8-5 thanks to a bowl win in St. Pete.  

By the end of 2009, most were thankful for Leavitt building the program but convinced he could never take the team over the hump.  No 10 win seasons.  

We felt, wrongly, that maybe Holtz could take that talent, keep recruiting, and get over that hump.  But it only got worse.

Taggart got us ranked once more.  Strong had a solid season using Taggart's talent.  

Now here we are.  

I always will appreciate how Leavitt built the program from nothing.  I will never understand the desire to bring him back.  I also would have rather had Taggart if I was bringing back an old coach.  But I'm just as happy to get someone who worked closely for YEARS with the guy who knocked Nick Saban off his perch.  He wants to be here.  We'll see for how long.

And one thing I know is he KNOWS football a lot better than I do.  I am excited to see what the future holds.

I'm happy to remember the past and be thankful, but let's move on.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I go to Disney a lot. I'll check them out.

Do you think you can see them on Disney+?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

16 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Do you think you can see them on Disney+?

You have to hit up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b,a, select, start on your remote