• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My take on the coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I am not sold on the Clemson twins. Reason:

1) Recruiting for Clemson is not the same as recruiting for USF. My example is Orlando Antigua. Head recruiter at Kentucky. Much easier to recruit to a national brand University.

2) Clemson's twin OCs. See Chad Morris at SMU & Arkansas. Did not excel at SMU and was a train wreck at Arkansas.

3) CWT can recruit Florida like crazy and runs the GCO that fits our talent skill sets. He can win at USF. Would possibly stay longer as he has left before and failed chasing his dream job. 

4) Czick (sp) Heck No. Horrible at Iowa St. Can you say Cam Newton? Fired 2 years after Cam left. Did not do well as UNC as DC. Quit

I have a brother-in-law who was married, divorced his wife and 3 years later rarried her and they are now living happily after (so far). 

So i guess my choice is CWT. Lets get on the bus.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Fingers crossed on Elliott...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, TyBull said:

1) Recruiting for Clemson is not the same as recruiting for USF. My example is Orlando Antigua. Head recruiter at Kentucky. Much easier to recruit to a national brand University.

2) Clemson's twin OCs. See Chad Morris at SMU & Arkansas. Did not excel at SMU and was a train wreck at Arkansas.

3) CWT can recruit Florida like crazy and runs the GCO that fits our talent skill sets. He can win at USF. Would possibly stay longer as he has left before and failed chasing his dream job. 

4) Czick (sp) Heck No. Horrible at Iowa St. Can you say Cam Newton? Fired 2 years after Cam left. Did not do well as UNC as DC. Quit

I have a brother-in-law who was married, divorced his wife and 3 years later rarried her and they are now living happily after (so far). 

Great point on number 1.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, TyBull said:

I agree with your point #1 to an extent, but that has more to do with Scott than Elliott. Scott’s name is built on recruiting since he doesn’t call plays. 

Elliott on the other hand is more known for his ability to call plays. Also, remember Chad Morris left Clemson in 2014, prior to them becoming the Clemson of today. They were still very good, no doubt. But they really took off once Elliott (and Scott to a lesser degree) got their hands on this offense 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'd take Elliot or Scott. Just no for Taggart from me.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yea I'm not sold on the Clemson duo as said it's not that hard recruiting for Clemson especially  when you won a national championship.

I'm not thrilled about any of the names tossed around...I'd say screw it and just bring Leavitt back make sure he has a solid OC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yea I'm not sold on the Clemson duo as said it's not that hard recruiting for Clemson especially  when you won a national championship.

I'm not thrilled about any of the names tossed around...I'd say screw it and just bring Leavitt back make sure he has a solid OC.

Jeff Scott was WR coach and recruiting coordinator from 2008-2014. Clemson won national championship in 2016

maybe just maybe they won that National Championship due to their stellar recruiting and not vice versa.

• Upvote 3

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Jeff Scott was WR coach and recruiting coordinator from 2008-2014. Clemson won national championship in 2016

maybe just maybe they won that National Championship due to their stellar recruiting and not vice versa.

Yeah he came in when Clemson was not the Clemson we know today.  So you make a good point about him being able to recruit.  Besides we don't have to recruit like Clemson, just be at or near the top of the AAC rankings.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yeah he came in when Clemson was not the Clemson we know today.  So you make a good point about him being able to recruit.  Besides we don't have to recruit like Clemson, just be at or near the top of the AAC rankings.

He was on staff and a recruiting coordinator when they lost to Skip Holtz and the mighty USF Bulls to go 6-7.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

He was on staff and a recruiting coordinator when they lost to Skip Holtz and the mighty USF Bulls to go 6-7.

True but, he wasn't the one calling the plays and putting his guys in optimal scoring position either.