• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My take on the coaching search

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Why does Clemson have 2 Offensive Coordinators anyway?  That seems strange to me.  Seems like they would get in each others way.  But obviously its been working out for them.

I was all for Jeff Scott, but I'd be good with either one.  Actually Elliot might be the better choice here if he is the one that is predominately calling plays.  Both can recruit, but can they recruit to USF is the question.  We know Taggart can, he has done it.

Jeff scott is the one that always makes rivals top 25 recruiters list. he has ties to the area as well. I also think he might be the easier get. I'd be ok with any of these 3 and even similar such coaches.

young ambitious energetic offensive minded preferably from southeast with florida recruiting ties. No Georgia OC though.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Why does Clemson have 2 Offensive Coordinators anyway?  That seems strange to me.  Seems like they would get in each others way.  But obviously its been working out for them.

I was all for Jeff Scott, but I'd be good with either one.  Actually Elliot might be the better choice here if he is the one that is predominately calling plays.  Both can recruit, but can they recruit to USF is the question.  We know Taggart can, he has done it.

It's really because they are both Clemson guys, and Dabo wants them both on the staff for as long as possible. Once Chad Morris left, that allowed Dabo to split up the OC position to allow both to co-exist. Here is a quick breakdown on the different responsibilities between the two - 

Scott - 

Lead offensive recruiter 

Works with the WR's on a daily basis 

Works on the pass game concepts 

Elliott - 

Secondary recruiter 

Works with the RB's on a daily basis 

Works on the run game concepts 

Play caller on game day 

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

True, but hot names have a way of getting pulled through the ranks faster. We all know there is no magic bullet hire that will be a panacea. I’m curious who MK has been talking to these last few days. Thank god Joey and Collin aren’t in charge of the search or it would’ve ended before it started

I think if anyone can come in a rebuild us within 4 years then they will be a candidate for better jobs. Just like any other AAC program.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

True, but hot names have a way of getting pulled through the ranks faster. We all know there is no magic bullet hire that will be a panacea. I’m curious who MK has been talking to these last few days. Thank god Joey and Collin aren’t in charge of the search or it would’ve ended before it started

Well he's talking to somebody because he hasn't tweeted in like 7 days. That's a new record for him. 

I imagine he's busy. He has to hire a football and volleyball coach. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I agree about the Clemson duo. I tend to suspect those are the top targets. 

I assume MK is doing his due diligence on everybody else but is also probably not going to pull the trigger on anything until his top choices are off the table. 

I am sure Championship Weekend this weekend plays a role in that. 

The Clemson duo have neither ran the offenses by themselves or run a program. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Its no doubt a risk, but hell bringing back Taggart is even a risk to a degree.  The payoff though could be huge for us.

I think the Clemson guys have alot of upside.  We know they can recruit (albeit it is Clemson not USF).  And they have been part of the winningest program in the last few years.  They would bring that winning swagger that we desperately need here.  But, yes it is a Risk no doubt.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,485
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to say it, but I think we are setting our sights too high.  The Clemson guys are going to a P5 school or stay where they are.  Their stock will just continue to improve with Clemson's success.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I hate to say it, but I think we are setting our sights too high.  The Clemson guys are going to a P5 school or stay where they are.  Their stock will just continue to improve with Clemson's success.

may be the case but they have been interviewing. scott at south alabama and elliott at ucf and g tech. think they will have to prove themselves before a BIG p5 job. they would be dumb to take a p5 job where it is almost impossible to win at.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Well there are 2 of them, so that increaases our odds.

If they have success here then they will obviously bolt.  But that means we have repaired our Football program, so I'm ok with it.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

That doesn’t mean they can’t. You have two choices in the AAC - 

1) grab a coordinator on the upward trend 

2) grab a retread on a downward trend 

Generalizing the Clemson duo doesn’t paint the entire picture 

Edited by IBulleve