• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bay made...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting and would be a great fit. My interpretation of USF is that they are extremely conservative in the coaches they hire. They don’t want any baggage. This is also true with some firings. Think about the way Paul Griffin was let go...even Jim Leavitt. Hiring Briles would tell me the culture has changed. Each person will have to decide if this is good or bad. But I for one am tired of waiting on a conference championship. 

This is a new administration. Different key players. I believe this Admin believes that if you're going to play, you may as well play to win. Just by the moves that have already been made, it shows that this Administration wants it's Athletics department to be successful. Your underlined portion say's it all. We are in a "New Era on the Bay."

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  539
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

you mean a real Natty or a UCF Natty?

One that was paid to a Mr Cam Newton

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,357
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting and would be a great fit. My interpretation of USF is that they are extremely conservative in the coaches they hire. They don’t want any baggage. This is also true with some firings. Think about the way Paul Griffin was let go...even Jim Leavitt. Hiring Briles would tell me the culture has changed. Each person will have to decide if this is good or bad. But I for one am tired of waiting on a conference championship. 

Would be very shocked if that happened. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

He’d probably be great.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,744
  • Content Count:  37,610
  • Days Won:  29

13 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

If USF fields an arena league club team then sure.

Heard the league folded.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Nah, he’d only coach for us if we moved the team to Texas

Is he back in TX?  Thought he was in the DC area.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No doubt Briles would be a good fit here, but not sure we're desperate enough to take in that much baggage. This guy would have easily been a HC somewhere, but the fact that nobody has given as talented a guy as Briles a chance yet speaks volumes. Baggage aside though, he seems to be as good a potential hire as anybody, and would love to get his foot in the door somewhere. Last I heard, nothing was ever proven against him in that Baylor scandal. I wonder if he's on Kelly's radar at all?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'd support the hire; my only question is his recruiting ties to the Bay area and South Florida

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No Briles please. 

I am proud of USFs ethics. I don’t want to be an FSU or UCF where they have a culture of lie, cheat, and steal. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Gismo said:

No Briles please. 

I am proud of USFs ethics. I don’t want to be an FSU or UCF where they have a culture of lie, cheat, and steal. 

Fair enough but that also means no CJL...