• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unpopular Opinion - Don't Fire Strong, Build the IPF - NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

You are saying we should just shut it down. That is loser talk right there. 

That's not what I said.  I said if we can't afford to fire a bad HC and continue to improve our facilities to compete with other teams in the state/in general (i.e., move forward with the IPF), then we should shut down the program.  Again, that's not "loser talk" that's reality.  If you can't afford to be compete, then either fold it up or drop down to a level you can compete at.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, chapelbull said:

That's not what I said.  I said if we can't afford to fire a bad HC and continue to improve our facilities to compete with other teams in the state/in general (i.e., move forward with the IPF), then we should shut down the program.  Again, that's not "loser talk" that's reality.  If you can't afford to be compete, then either fold it up or drop down to a level you can compete at.

We are trying man! We are not P5 right now so we just can’t spend tons of money firing and hiring coaches. Would rather see the IPF built so better things can follow. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

We are trying man! We are not P5 right now so we just can’t spend tons of money firing and hiring coaches. Would rather see the IPF built so better things can follow. 

Is ucf P5?  Not sure what that has to do with it

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Isn't there a 15K minimum to remain in the FBS? I remember reading about FIU struggling to maintain 15K in attendance, and that they were in danger of being demoted to the FCS....

The most unforced rule in CFB. It’s also tickets sold not actual attendance 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

27 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The most unforced rule in CFB. It’s also tickets sold not actual attendance 

Believe this was an older rule before the P5 happened. Now that the P5 rules college football, I don’t think they GAFF about attendance with G5 schools. The more teams they can beat down the better 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, OncomingStorm said:

Hell. No.

We are only stuck with him if Michael Kelly isn’t capable of doing his job. He’s got 48 hours to prove his worth.

Any coach should be worried about getting fired for having three seasons of diminishing returns. Regardless of if it’s USF or somewhere in the SEC.

Name me a coach that USF has realistically sought, who has been scared away.

No coach would ever look at the construction of an IPF as a personal commitment to their continued coaching at the institution regardless of results.

Having a good coach is not realistic? Sir, your defeatist attitude is not welcome here.

Okay. You fire him. How do you pay him and the next guy?

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Okay. You fire him. How do you pay him and the next guy?

And this is the question that the message board people can’t or don’t want to answer. I want the guy gone as much as the next but $2.5 x 2 are not good financial numbers for us.

@WhoRUSF god forbid you actually come on this board and make an actual comment rather than throw out unlikes for things you dislike. Show some balls and express your opinion with words...friggin millennials...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

And this is the question that the message board people can’t or don’t want to answer. I want the guy gone as much as the next but $2.5 x 2 are not good financial numbers for us.

It is so easy to sit back and say the AD isn't doing his job if CCS doesn't get fired.  But none of us know the financial situation in detail.  I'm sure someone is running the numbers to see if a loss of 5,000 season tickets AND the contributions that go with buying those seats is a better deal than paying Strong $5 million PLUS what you have to pay the buyout of all the coaches AND hiring a new staff.  

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

It is so easy to sit back and say the AD isn't doing his job if CCS doesn't get fired.  But none of us know the financial situation in detail.  I'm sure someone is running the numbers to see if a loss of 5,000 season tickets AND the contributions that go with buying those seats is a better deal than paying Strong $5 million PLUS what you have to pay the buyout of all the coaches AND hiring a new staff.  

The devil in the details...