• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unpopular Opinion - Don't Fire Strong, Build the IPF - NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

This

Wish we had the support to be worried about a drop. We just only have die hard fans right now. A new coaching change won’t bring fan support back next season. If you want that I suggest you dial up Spurrier lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

17 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Wish we had the support to be worried about a drop. We just only have die hard fans right now. A new coaching change won’t bring fan support back next season.

I respectfully disagree.  Just review the threads on this board of those long time supporters and die hard fans (Faza, Cousin/Bourbon, etc.) who have said they will reduce or alltogether not renew their season tickets and donations unless CCS is fired.  I don't think it matters who the new coach is as the decision to reduce or not renew will just be based on the firing of CCS.  Bethune-Cookman, Nevada, Tulsa and ECU are going to be hard enough sells even with a new coach.

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I respectfully disagree.  Just review the threads on this board of those long time supporters and die hard fans (Faza, Cousin/Bourbon, etc.) who have said they will reduce or alltogether not renew their season tickets and donations unless CCS is fired.  I don't think it matters who the new coach is as the decision to reduce or not renew will just be based on the firing of CCS.  Bethune-Cookman, Nevada, Tulsa and ECU are going to be hard enough sells even with a new coach.

Those die hards will be back in 2021 season. I’m gonna renew my four season tickets ASAP no matter who the coach is. No matter who is on the schedule. To me it is about sticking with USF through the bad and good times. Im not one to make threats about reducing support to the school that I will forever love. Also I’m not gonna play AD and tell people who should be fired as I’m not in that position. Anyone that thinks MK should be fired because he has not made a knee jerk reaction needs to get a clue. With that said, I’ll keep my mind positive and look forward to better days for USF

• Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Those die hards will be back in 2021 season. I’m gonna renew my four season tickets ASAP no matter who the coach is. No matter who is on the schedule. To me it is about sticking with USF through the bad and good times. Im not one to make threats about reducing support to the school that I will forever love. Also I’m not gonna play AD and tell people who should be fired as I’m not in that position. Anyone that thinks MK should be fired because he has not made a knee jerk reaction needs to get a clue. With that said, I’ll keep my mind positive and look forward to better days for USF

I'm with you as I will be renewing mine in full and attending 2 away games as usual supporitng my school through thick and thin.  I'm just concerned about many of the comments on here coming from those die hards and season ticket renewals from non-die hards.

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm with you as I will be renewing mine in full and attending 2 away games as usual supporitng my school through thick and thin.  I'm just concerned about many of the comments on here coming from those die hards and season ticket renewals from non-die hards.

I hear you. Hate to lose the support but what can we do? We just got to ride out one more season at the most. It still is not a conclusion that CCS will be back. All it takes is big boosters to work behind the scenes to get the buy out money. My question is who would want to come here right now? Hopefully USF steps up with the IPF announcement in the offseason to pump some life back in the program 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I agree with this post. I’ve said it multiple times, it won’t matter who the next coach is. Our facilities are so far behind it’s laughable. 

We’re going to struggle to bring in a decent head coach. 

College football has changed in the last 7-8 years. A middling school like Clemson became a power because they spent insane amounts of money on facilities. Alabama has carried a strong program for the same reasons. G5 schools like UCF and Cincy have dumped money into facilities.

While I agree facilities are a factor, coaching is waaaaaay more important. The coach is the boss and you're lying if you say you'd work for a ****** one just because you had a slightly nicer office to use once or twice a week.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I hear you. Hate to lose the support but what can we do? We just got to ride out one more season at the most. It still is not a conclusion that CCS will be back. All it takes is big boosters to work behind the scenes to get the buy out money. My question is who would want to come here right now? Hopefully USF steps up with the IPF announcement in the offseason to pump some life back in the program 

An IPF announcement isn’t going to pump life back into the program. In a couple years when it’s built, sure it will help. But if you’re banking on just an announcement to turn things around, you are delusional.

Who would want to come here right now, seeing how Charlie has imploded the program, and knowing that he would be a lame duck?

What recruiting leverage does Charlie have at this moment?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, OncomingStorm said:

We get to play FAU next season and the chance to settle the debate over who's the 7th best football program in Florida.

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

An IPF announcement isn’t going to pump life back into the program. In a couple years when it’s built, sure it will help. But if you’re banking on just an announcement to turn things around, you are delusional.

Who would want to come here right now, seeing how Charlie has imploded the program, and knowing that he would be a lame duck?

So you agree we me in thinking that USF may be stuck with CCS for one more season? I agree that coaches tend to get scared away from programs like USF that will fire them if they have a losing season. IPF shows everyone the commitment. Sure having a good coach helps but that is not realistic right now. We got to ride this storm out 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

So you agree we me in thinking that USF may be stuck with CCS for one more season? I agree that coaches tend to get scared away from programs like USF that will fire them if they have a losing season. IPF shows everyone the commitment. Sure having a good coach helps but that is not realistic right now. We got to ride this storm out 

Hell. No.

We are only stuck with him if Michael Kelly isn’t capable of doing his job. He’s got 48 hours to prove his worth.

Any coach should be worried about getting fired for having three seasons of diminishing returns. Regardless of if it’s USF or somewhere in the SEC.

Name me a coach that USF has realistically sought, who has been scared away.

No coach would ever look at the construction of an IPF as a personal commitment to their continued coaching at the institution regardless of results.

Having a good coach is not realistic? Sir, your defeatist attitude is not welcome here.

• Upvote 1