• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unpopular Opinion - Don't Fire Strong, Build the IPF - NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Just now, NovaBull said:

You keep saying this, but unless you are Michael Kelly himself (or a close confidant, family member, etc.) then you don’t really know this.

I don’t know this but I have a hunch. Hope I’m wrong 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

CCS gets fired. KB is hired as head coach very cheaply. Recruits are retained in December. If KB hits certain benchmarks Over the next two years we sign him to an extension and a lot of money, 

• Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

CCS gets fired. KB is hired as head coach very cheaply. Recruits are retained in December. If KB hits certain benchmarks Over the next two years we sign him to an extension and a lot of money, 

Hope you are right 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

CCS gets fired. KB is hired as head coach very cheaply. Recruits are retained in December.,

Zero reason to do this.  Either you're moving on from the Strong era or you're not.  This gives you the worst of both worlds, you have to pay Strongs buyout and you keep his culture and coaching tree.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

Recruits want shiny things, but they want to WIN much more.

WINNING is what we need now, and the only clear path to that is cleaning house and bringing in a new staff.

IPF should be secondary at this point.

Nope. I think our players deserve a place to practice without fearing lightning. It is highly disruptive. This is something we should have done long ago. This Coach, A new Coach, doesn't matter the players deserve this for their safety. 

Winning is great, but who can you bring in right now that we can afford to play that guarantees that? I'm not sure anyone and without a Guarantee, and without money to play with, we need to get the thing done that definitely moves the needle forward, not maybe does.

1) IPF
2) Adjust Coaching Staff

If you can do both, great. I don't think we can. If we are choosing, invest in something that will keep paying dividends even if the coaches change.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Zero reason to do this.  Either you're moving on from the Strong era or you're not.  This gives you the worst of both worlds, you have to pay Strongs buyout and you keep his culture and coaching tree.

Then you keep CCS because you won’t be able to hire anyone for $500k. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

36 minutes ago, hm101 said:

Keeping him means losing your die hards, plus a generation of students, plus having your undisciplined team publicly ridiculed (or worse, creating PR issues for the university)... all long term costs too.

Die hards jumping over that, aren't really die hards and they probably already left. I consider myself a die hard. If they fire strong and don't break ground, I'm done. I've stroke too much money to the program already to keep sending good money after bad. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I wouldn’t consider KB part of his “coaching tree”. They didn’t come up together.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  119
  • Days Won:  0

Respectfully, lightening didn't stop Taggart's team from going 11-2 in 2016. It didn't even stop Chuckle's team from going 10-2 in 2017. Neither had an IPF at the time. Not saying an IPF won't be a nice thing to have, and I'm not discounting the danger lightening can pose, but I just can't wrap my head around an IPF being the only way we're going to come our of this mess. I'm not an impatient person and I have been a fan since the first game against Kentucky Wesleyan but if they don't get this mess sorted out soon, I can see myself finding other ways to spend what little time I have left on this earth.

Edited by Sierra048

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,011
  • Days Won:  38

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

OR we do a secret backroom deal extension that cripples us.