• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unpopular Opinion - Don't Fire Strong, Build the IPF - NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The real problem is Harlan made a bad contract. We shouldn’t have hired Strong for the price we did to begin with.  

Agree...I could see how Strong on paper could have been sold and could have even looked good with his Florida recruiting connections but we way overpaid for his services.  Now if he had say gone say 5 wins, 6, 8 wins at Texas and was fired sure id maybe pay him what we did but  he was going the other direction.

If Strong said no to our offer oh well move on to the next guy. 

Harlan sold us out to get Strong and it was a horrible hire for what we paid for him.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

heretic-1.jpg

😂😂😂 I am only here to take the children 😈😈😈😈😈😈

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'd love to see the budget for your house.  Buy that new Corvette and then the wife wants a $30k diamond?  Sure. Make it work. Gotta make her happy.  You need a new roof too?  $15k.  Find the money.  Oh, you don't have it. Then borrow it. Problem is USF Athletics doesn't work that way.  Why haven't they started on the IPF since 1/2 the money has been promised?  Well, you actually need to have 1/2 the money in the bank. The rest of it promised over the other 4 years doesn't count.

Your response just isn't based in reality or fiscal responsibility.  Athletics is part of a University and all the purse strings are under the auspices of the Foundation.  There is a Board of Trustees that get involved in this stuff.  What AD in the country could be in the situation and make the money appear?  Not one. 

Your first paragraph sounds like someone I “used” to know...if you know what I mean 😂

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Your first paragraph sounds like someone I “used” to know...if you know what I mean 😂

Cuz is fired up, he has also pretty much established himself as the smartest guy on the board by being the only one that did not watch the game last night, it was over way before it ever started and not sure why we subjected ourselves to that disgraceful performance.

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Cuz is fired up, he has also pretty much established himself as the smartest guy on the board by being the only one that did not watch the game last night, it was over way before it ever started and not sure why we subjected ourselves to that disgraceful performance.

Yeah I can’t stay away regardless of the situation. But it’s cold as **** up here with little to do. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

And I made some $$$$.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

21 hours ago, JTrue said:

While I agree facilities are a factor, coaching is waaaaaay more important. The coach is the boss and you're lying if you say you'd work for a ****** one just because you had a slightly nicer office to use once or twice a week.

It’s about attracting talent. Just pointing to the G5 level, you can have a great coach and struggle to attract talent when you don’t have the guns to do it. what is USF’s selling points? Location. A NFL stadium. 

Compare that to Location. Indoor practice facility. Football only weight room. On Campus environment. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

18 minutes ago, Joe said:

It’s about attracting talent. Just pointing to the G5 level, you can have a great coach and struggle to attract talent when you don’t have the guns to do it. what is USF’s selling points? Location. A NFL stadium. 

Compare that to Location. Indoor practice facility. Football only weight room. On Campus environment. 

Well said. Been hearing some USF fans crying about how much more tradition and better game day atmosphere UCF has. Well guess what? I been to all the USF games at UCF when they played that game at the Citrus Bowl. And to be honest, the game day atmosphere during those games sucked. You really didn’t see the change until they got their OCS. That was the game changer for them. USF lacks that right now. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, Joe said:

We’re building an environment, too?!?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We’re building an environment, too?!?

A550796E-C0D2-4234-8957-E7FD691FAF71.jpeg