• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unpopular Opinion - Don't Fire Strong, Build the IPF - NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

@WhoRUSF god forbid you actually come on this board and make an actual comment rather than throw out unlikes for things you dislike. Show some balls and express your opinion with words...friggin millennials...

I throw out more likes than dislikes but your takes are usually awful. 

1. Leavitt is the only reason why USF was ever anything. Thinking any coach could have done better than he did is not thinking. 

2. Barnett is way better than McCloud like I said to start the year. McCloud did nothing all year, we would have been better off just putting an athlete at QB because McCloud cant throw anyway. 

3. Buying out Strong just to promote Bell is pointless. We will still suck, AND have trouble paying the buyout. Strong needs to go, but I'd rather keep Strong than fire him and promote Bell

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Okay. You fire him. How do you pay him and the next guy?

It is quite literally Kelly’s job to make it work. That’s why he is the AD. Find the funds in the couch cushion, or raise them.

Can you put a value on the amount of long term damage this program will sustain with another year of Charlie Strong? On top of how far he has already set us back?

Time to get creative. Just like the creativity Harlan showed in creating this horrible contract in the first place. To say such creativity is impossible in this circumstance is short sighted.

Would it be difficult? Sure. Financially painful? Sure. Worth it in the long run? Absolutely.

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

1. Leavitt is the only reason why USF was ever anything. Thinking any coach could have done better than he did is not thinking. 

2. Barnett is way better than McCloud like I said to start the year. McCloud did nothing all year, we would have been better off just putting an athlete at QB because McCloud cant throw anyway. 

3. Buying out Strong just to promote Bell is pointless. We will still suck, AND have trouble paying the buyout. Strong needs to go, but I'd rather keep Strong than fire him and promote Bell

1.  Agree.  Leavitt is the most important and best coach we have ever had.

2.  Agree Barnett was the better choice this year because of his senior experience.  Dont agree long term.  I think McCloud will be better eventually with experience.

3.  Disagree.  Strong is pulling us down.  He is the like iceberg to the Titanic.  We need to get rid of the iceberg immediately.  Give KB a year as the new defining voice and decision maker and if he fails then hire a new coach next year.  We have to pay Strong no matter what so why keep him around.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On a side note, Minnesota has a heated field so no snow accumulates on it. We are choosing between an IPF and a competent coach. Remember that when signing day comes along and you want to complain about how stupid kids are for picking middle of the pack P5 teams over us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, WhoRUSF said:

Well hell thats better man! Yes! Love it. Support that position. The down votes are pretty nuclear on this board (board’s culture). Sure once or twice but keep them in your holster man and make your case.

1. About 5 % on this board support a CCJ return. Just because he was good 13 years ago does not mean he could rekindle it. Further, do we want to go the retread route when there are a plethora of other options? My position, and the one I suspect that pisses you off, is that he could not get us over the hump and win a conference championship. This to me is all that matters. Any response I give to Puc on this issue take with a grain of Salt as he and I just pressing buttons.

2. You could be right about Blake. I think the only problem was that our offensive line was so putrid that he was a sitting duck as he has little mobility (but runs pretty well).

3. The only reason I stated that we buyout CCS and take on Bell as HC is purely a financial option. If Strong is fired we will have about $500k in salary to use (maybe a little more?). That gives us little in quality. Keeping Bell keeps our recruits and does not set us back another year in terms of talent. If he sucks we can fire him and not take a $ hit. Of course at the end if we can pull it off financially I would support firing every single person (minus King)and start over).

Good discussing these points with you and I do respect your opinion and you could be right on all three points. Time will tell. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

It is quite literally Kelly’s job to make it work. That’s why he is the AD. Find the funds in the couch cushion, or raise them.

Can you put a value on the amount of long term damage this program will sustain with another year of Charlie Strong? On top of how far he has already set us back?

Time to get creative. Just like the creativity Harlan showed in creating this horrible contract in the first place. To say such creativity is impossible in this circumstance is short sighted.

Would it be difficult? Sure. Financially painful? Sure. Worth it in the long run? Absolutely.

But you can’t pass the buck that way without some concern. It is a legitimate issue at the end of the day. There may not be a way...that’s all I am saying. If we are po we are po. I hope they find the $ and make it happen. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But you can’t pass the buck that way without some concern. It is a legitimate issue at the end of the day. There may not be a way...that’s all I am saying. If we are po we are po. I hope they find the $ and make it happen. 

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Let us see how strong of a will the former CFP COO/ 3x Super Bowl committee president/LRS assistant/ has in him.

2 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

Let us see how strong of a will the former CFP COO/ 3x Super Bowl committee president/LRS assistant/ has in him.

I saw a pic of Gordon Gekko on a prior thread. Let’s get him and Bud Fox involved...we need “blue horseshoe” to love USF football. 😂😂

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well hell thats better man! Yes! Love it. Support that position. The down votes are pretty nuclear on this board (board’s culture). Sure once or twice but keep them in your holster man and make your case.

1. About 5 % on this board support a CCJ return. Just because he was good 13 years ago does not mean he could rekindle it. Further, do we want to go the retread route when there are a plethora of other options? My position, and the one I suspect that pisses you off, is that he could not get us over the hump and win a conference championship. This to me is all that matters. Any response I give to Puc on this issue take with a grain of Salt as he and I just pressing buttons.

2. You could be right about Blake. I think the only problem was that our offensive line was so putrid that he was a sitting duck as he has little mobility (but runs pretty well).

3. The only reason I stated that we buyout CCS and take on Bell as HC is purely a financial option. If Strong is fired we will have about $500k in salary to use (maybe a little more?). That gives us little in quality. Keeping Bell keeps our recruits and does not set us back another year in terms of talent. If he sucks we can fire him and not take a $ hit. Of course at the end if we can pull it off financially I would support firing every single person (minus King)and start over).

Good discussing these points with you and I do respect your opinion and you could be right on all three points. Time will tell. 

heretic-1.jpg

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

If Strong stays you’ll know because we’ll start firing all the guys that cause distractions: equipment people, maintenance folks, water folks, and anyone else who will make in look like their doing something about, without actually having to do anything about the real issues