• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

We are a G5 program playing in a professional stadium. The numbers are fine, the optics due to stadium size are bad. Put LA Tech in Ray Jay and it will look terrible too.

A bit old, only through the 2017 season and we were one of the most improved for 2018, but we are comparable with Army, not too far behind MSU. I only see Memphis and UCF above us from G5 but I might have missed some others.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/02/college-football-attendance-rankings-five-year-biggest-average

That stadium does us little good on so many levels. But we will probably be there for next 25 years least. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Having a committee rank teams was the worst idea ever. Go back to the computer. The AAC teams who are ranked deserve to be ranked better than where they are. This conference is supremely better than the old BE. The bias of the good old boys network is such a joke...but that’s college football. 

Computers don't care about a school's name or history. Also the b.s. of early rankings, though allegedly not used by the committee, is going to skew where schools end up. A good algorithm will look at a sufficient body of work of 5+ games, do some regression analysis, look at all the in commons and cross match ups and come up with something that may not be perfect, but at least won't have any bias based on historical favories.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That stadium does us little good on so many levels. But we will probably be there for next 25 years least. 

RJS is always gonna be a great stadium. NFL Super Bowls gonna keep pumping money into it which is a great thing. Still think USF will eventually get an OCS years down the road 

17 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

RJS is always gonna be a great stadium. NFL Super Bowls gonna keep pumping money into it which is a great thing. Still think USF will eventually get an OCS years down the road 

Yeah but it’s not a college stadium...at least not on our level. Tired of looking at empty seats and pirate ships. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah but it’s not a college stadium...at least not on our level. Tired of looking at empty seats and pirate ships. 

We wont have an OCS in our lifetime, fiscally does not make sense and as much we all hate to admit it, football is on the decline and will get less and less likely each passing year.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We wont have an OCS in our lifetime, fiscally does not make sense and as much we all hate to admit it, football is on the decline and will get less and less likely each passing year.  

Oh I agree...doesn’t mean I have to like it though...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah cause only Tulane & UCF can have nice things. We still have not even broken ground on the IPF lol

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I am with you, optics on TV are not good for most games, we changed from USF to South Florida.  Could we change our mascot to the Buccaneers?  Then the ship would make sense, change our colors to red as well and then the empty seats are not as noticeable.  Once again my out of the box perspective continues to provide golden nuggets of wisdom to make our alma mater a success, I amaze myself at times.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am with you, optics on TV are not good for most games, we changed from USF to South Florida.  Could we change our mascot to the Buccaneers?  Then the ship would make sense, change our colors to red as well and then the empty seats are not as noticeable.  Once again my out of the box perspective continues to provide golden nuggets of wisdom to make our alma mater a success, I amaze myself at times.

Funny that Buccaneers won the student contest back in the day for team name but they dropped it because they though someone else was using it. Of course that probably means the pro team would have been called Bulls 😂

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Franklin may jump ship to FSU. That will trigger another round of the coaching carousel.

lesson GIF