• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible CCS Replacements

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

aac?  sure .... not any P5 conference though .... 😂   keep sipping egg nog

ACC...they are so close in competition it’s easy to get them mix up...keep sniffing glue with your terrible takes...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

Got a late start but in currently only on my second Tito’s right now. Should be good to go by the time game time is here 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

ACC...they are so close in competition it’s easy to get them mix up...keep sniffing glue with your terrible takes...

well, ucf lost to mediocre Pitt so that throws a wrench in the theory.  Cincy did beat Pac 10 bottom feeder UCLA on their home turf by a whole 10 points so I guess you got that going for you and we got memphis squeaking one out against bottom feeder ole miss sooooooooooooooooo

then there are the big east teams that are "irrelevant" now that they are in p5 conferences, but hey .........  all the  ad hominem attacks in the world don't change the actual facts

Edited by chapelbull

Can’t really judge until we see what happens in the bowl games. AAC was very tough this season. That can’t be disputed. We shall see how the bowl games go. But I will say this, Big East football was never the same after Mike Tranghese retired.  The leadership that we now have in the AAC is much better than what was in the Big East 

Just now, chapelbull said:

well, ucf lost to mediocre Pitt so that throws a wrench in the theory.  Cincy did beat Pac 10 bottom feeder UCLA on their home turf by a whole 10 points so I guess you got that going for you and we got memphis squeaking one out against bottom feeder ole miss sooooooooooooooooo

then there are the big east teams that are "irrelevant" now that they are in p5 conferences, but hey ......... 

Pitt got rolled 10 months ago against ucf, the big bad P5 Pitt need every break possible to beat them this year. The Cincy UCLA game was early in the season, it would not be close now. Cuse is trash with a once every 10 year good season last year. Rutgers is a high school team who will be hiring another terrible coach next week. Of course Memphis would spank 2/3 of the P5 teams. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

Can’t really judge until we see what happens in the bowl games. AAC was very tough this season. That can’t be disputed. We shall see how the bowl games go. But I will say this, Big East football was never the same after Mike Tranghese retired.  The leadership that we now have in the AAC is much better than what was in the Big East 

AAC is typically bad in bowl games. I don’t know if this is the best indicator anymore with so many key players skipping the game. 

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

Bowl games are little more than exhibition matches with various levels of interests by teams.  It's nice to say you have a better record than this conference or that. but it means little.  Bottom line is it is different to have to go play a schedule against p5 schools week in and week out.  If our top teams are that good, then they should roll bottom feeders from these p5 conferences expecially at home.  Those are statement games.   Memphis and Cincy are 3-4 loss teams in the "weakest" p5 conference most likely.  Some years (ucf a couple of years ago) a g5 team could go into one of those conferences and do better and even hold their own in the playoff, but it's not going to be regularly

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

AAC is typically bad in bowl games. I don’t know if this is the best indicator anymore with so many key players skipping the game. 

That is the issue I have with college football. Instead of having a 16 team playoff like the lower divisions do, they opt to only have a four team playoff. Then with that the P5 creates a bigger separation by controlling the system with their bias committee. Until that changes, I’m done getting into this pissing matches about what conferences are better. Give the AAC a fair playing field and they would smoke a lot of conferences away.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Bowl games are little more than exhibition matches with various levels of interests by teams.  It's nice to say you have a better record than this conference or that. but it means little.  Bottom line is it is different to have to go play a schedule against p5 schools week in and week out.  If our top teams are that good, then they should roll bottom feeders from these p5 conferences expecially at home.  Those are statement games.   Memphis and Cincy are 3-4 loss teams in the "weakest" p5 conference most likely.  Some years (ucf a couple of years ago) a g5 team could go into one of those conferences and do better and even hold their own in the playoff, but it's not going to be regularly

Not really the point. Give those schools some time to recruit when they are included in the P5 then I think you will see different results. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pitt got rolled 10 months ago against ucf, the big bad P5 Pitt need every break possible to beat them this year. The Cincy UCLA game was early in the season, it would not be close now. Cuse is trash with a once every 10 year good season last year. Rutgers is a high school team who will be hiring another terrible coach next week. Of course Memphis would spank 2/3 of the P5 teams. 

Pitt beat ucf this year.  The rest of this rambling is nothing but speculation.  Facts are facts.  Cincy barely squeaked by us 2 weeks ago and we are terrible.  You're either trolling or insane if you think memphis beats let along "spanks" 2/3 of the pf teams.    lo frigging l